• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chubby and scampi - help

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Hi.....i know its v late 2 post but my dad has worried me. Today he asked me if anyone has shown an interest in chubby and scampi, i said no, and he said if i dont find homes 4 them soon he will take them to the RSPCA.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

he thinks im not trying and that i want to keep them. he said no more so bcus they havent found homes yet he thinks im just hoping he wont say anything......and soon theyl be 'living here' permanently. i explained that im trying and he said not hard enough.

my poor little boys

OMG NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry:

Why is he saying that? Doesnt he know its difficult to home bunnies at this time of year? (so I Believe)

he said 'well if nobodies interested then you cant help it' he isnt saying t to be mean, he wasnt angry, he just thinks because i adopted pebbles 2 weeks after she was at the rspca....the same will happen 4 my boys. And i said pebbles was lucky, theres one there who was at the rspca 4 months b4 pebbles, and she only got rehomed last week! At least while there here they are genuinly loved. he doesnt understand im trying.

I don't see the problem with giving them to the RSPCA for rehoming as long as you are happy with their rehoming policies? But if you do please make sure you give a sizable donation, otherwise it is just unfair on the rspca.

Your bun was spayed when you got her from the RSPCA wasn't she - you'll probably find that most people looking for a rescue bun want a neutered one so if you can afford to get them neutered they will probably rehome much more quickly. Perhaps you can tell your dad that?

If you end up being forced to take them to a rescue you're not happy with, give me a shout and I'll see if I can help but I will need a commitment to help cover costs.

ive managed to change his mind, he understands i wan the best home for them, but he still wants me to find them homes asap. someone may be interested in Chubby....so hopefully its just little scamp now

I think it may be worth explaining to your dad that the RSPCA DOES NOT have a no euthanasia policy and if they are too full they simply put animals to sleep :cry:

Hopefully that will buy you some more time.

i did jus tell him that and he was quite shocked and he said that as long as i keep trying, they can stay..wooo!!

:)

anyone want scampi???? lol

have you tried some of the general classifieds websites? if you put he's / they're rescue bunnies and free to good homes then they might go more quickly. I found a rescue British Giant X that way. Here's a few sites which are free to advertise on:

www.preloved.co.uk
www.pets4homes.co.uk
www.ukclassifieds.co.uk
www.classifieds.co.uk
www.loot.com
www.freeads.co.uk

Also, if you browse the wanted columns, there's always people asking if people are looking to rehome rabbits / other small animals - might be worth a try?

Also, you could set up a free website n post pics on there and your contact details through www.piczo.com

Back