• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

myxi rant:please join in

Hugbut

Mama Doe
Reading through the forum, i'm getting angrier & angrier.Post after post about another poor bun being struck down by :censored: myxi.It has to be one of the worst man made things - so cruel & pointless.I lost two buns to it & i currently have one fighting it...it has robbed him of his nose and has really hit him hard.It's just so infuriating that innocent rabbits are dying in such an awful way.Why the hell was it ever released if they didn't have a cure :censored: :censored: :censored:
Sorry,end of rant,your turn - i'm sure there are others out there who are as fed up with this virus as i am :D

hgubut im with u all the way hope hugo feels better soon...oh do you think when the lumps scab they make the bunny itchy any ideas on how to combat this itch?

im fed up of seein loving people watching thier babies suffer because of it!! and im more :censored: off that there isnt a proper vaccine after 50 bloody years of it..... i think your all really amazing fighting for your buns lives the way you are......

i hate all man made viruses by the way.... how dare these scientists play god and cause such sufferin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hgubut im with u all the way hope hugo feels better soon...oh do you think when the lumps scab they make the bunny itchy any ideas on how to combat this itch?

He did scratch them a bit, but i think it's the same as when a human has a scab & it itches while it's healing.I'm not sure what you could do to try & stop them being itchy, Hugo's dropped off pretty quickly after they'd scabbed over so i don't think it bothered him too much.Actually, i bought some teatree cream from the petshop once & that was to ease itchy skin, maybe you could try something like that?

p.s hope your little one is feeling better soon too :D

i used to fill with anger at the thought of it, but aftr watching one of my beloved rabbits babies being put to sleep, it just makes me sad.

to see any rabbt die from it is horrific. But to watch a four week old baby being put to sleep was horrid, whilst her mum and siblings were in the next carrier. Jelly stamped her foot madly inside the cage, i will always believe she knew. That image of watching her slip away will always be in my mind.

poor things

(and now im crying)

she was probably very aware that her baby was very poorly anyhow hun.... i doubt you got the blame... animals have an amazing knack of moving on... less emotional than us (i watch dog whisperer)....

i know, i know she doesnt remember. 3 days ago was horrible because domino jumped out his hutch while jelly was running round the garden (i was cleanin domino out) and they had a huge fight. luckily no injuroes but it broke my heart to see domino attack his mum, i dont think he knew who she was :(

I think it's hideous that myxi was ever introduced as a control measure for wild rabbits when the rabbit population in most countries affected by it isn't native anyway!! The romans introduced rabbits to this country. As usual defenceless animals have to pay for people's mistakes. In this case twice. :evil:

Back