• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Only 5 Months- My Girlie Boblets :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Only 5 months of life
Why were you taken away
Only 5 months we shared
I cherished every day

Only 5 Months to know you
To try to let you see
You *are* important, you still matter
Nellie, Peggy-Sue and Bree

Picture1141.jpg

WHY is accepting their passing not getting any easier for me

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Oh Jane. I wish there was something I could say to help. I imagine the shock of losing them so suddenly - alongside all you were going through at the time - haven't helped.

I know I'm still shocked at having lost my Harvey so suddenly at the end of June - not a day goes by without me thinking of him with a tear in my eye and I miss him dreadfully - so how you are feeling I can only begin to imagine.

All I can say is for me personally I feel I had to lose my precious Harv so that I could save Bella and that gives me a very small amount of strength.

Take care.

Rebec x

Last edited:
its because it was such a huge shock hun.... itll take months maybe even years before the pain of losing them beautiful girls will start to fade plus the worry for the boys wont make it easier...... least if your greiving for them and the pain is very sharp at the moment you are helping the healing xxxxxxxxxx

what makes this so awful is that you lost all of them. But at least they are together again now.
well done for giving them a great life for the five months that they had with you

at least they always knew love

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jane, I wish I could say something to take the pain away. They were taken so young, far too soon but they knew what it was like to be really loved, just like you love anybun who comes into your life. You will never forget them and they'll be watching down on you, making sure their mummy is looking after herself. Although the time they had with you was short, they knew that you loved them so much and they will never forget what you did for them and how much you loved them. It's not fair that they were taken so soon but at least they're all together now, binkying away at rainbow bridge. Thinking of you xxx

Thank you for your replies
It all just hits me at times :cry: I try not to get too down but sometimes its all just so.............:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Aw Jane, that has brought tears to my eyes:cry: I still think of my wonderful Flint and still have a cry over him, I still can't accept that Troy has gone either:cry: The consolation is that a few days, weeks, months is better than a lifetime without them... no matter how hard it is to accept they have gone, they have enriched our lives just by being in it for a moment:)

It's such a huge loss, all of them taken at once. They were so young, they hadn't lived their lives :cry: I can completely understand why you feel so upset, it's not going to be easy for you to find peace with this. Poor little darlings- however, like the others have said, those rabbits died with the comfort of knowing they were loved very much xx

oh jane I dont know what to say, losing the girlie boblets was really hard on you. You need to grieve and get over the shock. the pain of losing them will never go, but will fade over time. You did everything you could for them, but it was there time to go, even though they were so young.

Am I 'abnormal' for feeling worse about losing the Girlie Boblets as each day passes :?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

nope hunny thats what greif is :( theres bad days and very bad days and eventually theres better days when memories are happier rather than painful.... dont worry that your not greiving fast enough, it takes as long as it has too and that doesnt make you abnormal xxxxxxxxx

nope hunny thats what greif is :( theres bad days and very bad days and eventually theres better days when memories are happier rather than painful.... dont worry that your not greiving fast enough, it takes as long as it has too and that doesnt make you abnormal xxxxxxxxx

Thank you

:cry:

Janex

:cry: :cry: :cry:

You will never forget them but it will become easier to think of them. Soon all the grief will be gone and what you'll be left with is happiness that you knew them.

I think my depression must be taking over as I just feel as though I'm sliding down into a dark pit :cry:
Nellie, Peggy-Sue and Bree should *not* have died. Maybe it was all my fault. Maybe having to wean them at 4 weeks affected them. Maybe Bobbie being on Depocillin whilst still nursing them caused damage..............

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Jane, apart from yourself nobody else knows their true history except me I can assure you that it was nothing you did or could have prevented, you did everything within your power for Bobbie and all of her offspring but it wasn;t to be and we know why.

Try putting the blame on to that BRC breeder who kept them in the most appalling conditions ever, the memories of which I will NEVER forget, they were interbred so many times as some breeders do and nothing we do will ever change it.

The only consolation is that they had love, care, warmth, food and water in their short lives, their mother Bobbie had to wait 1,2,3 years (he didn't even know her age)

It is not your fault Jane

Awww Jane - sorry you are struggling :( You've had the WORST couple of months - like an emotional motorway pile-up in your heart. Post traumatic stress? You've been very traumatised by it all happening so quickly I'm sure :( It's most hard when you do you best, but events still career out of control and you just have to watch helplessly - so I would expect it's very hard to come to terms with anything like this.

Just try and make it to bedtime again without going under, and you will be a survivor. How can you blame yourself when all their suffering was caused by their breeder - and all their happiness was caused by YOU - they had a wonderful life with you right till the end, and that's all they knew or cared about.

Thank you for your lovely posts Snowy and Elve. I know I *must* stay strong for all my other Buns. But I keep going over those 48 hours when all three Girlie Boblets fell like skittles, one after the other. It was not like losing other 'ill' Buns as it was all so fast. I didn't have time to take in what was happening. And with the Bree, the last Girlie Boblet to die, well when she was PTS ( Nellie and Peggy-Sue died at home) you would never have know she was so sick unless you palpated her abdomen. She would have become obviously ill within 4-6 hours and died within 12 hours so me and the Vet thought it 'kinder' to prevent her suffering.

I will never forget those 48 hours of h*ll.

I *must* try and pull myself together now..........:oops:

Janex

Back