• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lumpy rabbit

bunlover

Warren Veteran
chelsea as you know has nodular mxyi but i was wondering how many lumps other rabbits have or have had when they have this disease as chelsea now has 19... bless her... so any other sufferers how many lumps

19 thats an awful lot:shock: . Mickey was the only bun of mine *touch wood* that has had myxi, but he had proper myxi not nodular. so no lumps to count.

vikki:wave:

My bun is just recovering from nodular myxi - he had loads of small lumps on his ears - probably 10 or more in each.He also had about three largers ones - one on his ear & two more on his body.

19 thats an awful lot:shock: . Mickey was the only bun of mine *touch wood* that has had myxi, but he had proper myxi not nodular. so no lumps to count.

vikki:wave:

i know and it all started with one bless her but touch wood she not got any breathing problems its just the nodules all over her and her not being herself... oh and the worst 3 are one in her eye(so now has weepy eye but its getting a load better) one on side of nose so it looks swollen and back of her neck which is a massive one... vet said they are getting lots better as they are scabbing over and things some got fur over them again...bless her she being so good towards us and her meds especially as she so old now.

Evie is one of my younger bunnies thank goodness, I dread to think what would happen to one of the oldies if they caught the dreaded myxi. I think she's about 3 years old.

There doesn't seem to be an predictable pattern of which symptoms each vaccinated rabbit gets does there? Or how many lumps and bumps!

Sorry, you've made me think of another question!

Does anyone know what happens to the lumps, do they just go down in the end? Does the fur grow back eventually too?

Sorry, you've made me think of another question!

Does anyone know what happens to the lumps, do they just go down in the end? Does the fur grow back eventually too?

good question with chels some of her lumps the fur is re growing over (the older original ones) but the vet said certainly the one on her nose nd a few others she may get scars from...anyone else know?

Most of Hugo's lumps have scabbed over & fallen off - one of the bigger ones is still on his ear but is more fleshy now,it was rock solid a few weeks ago.His hair has grown back where the others have fallen off...hope this helps :D

Most of Hugo's lumps have scabbed over & fallen off - one of the bigger ones is still on his ear but is more fleshy now,it was rock solid a few weeks ago.His hair has grown back where the others have fallen off...hope this helps :D

thanx glad his fur grown back. how bout other buns how are their lumps responding?

Floss's first nodular myxi experience(sept/oct 06): Lots of small nodules all over her body apart from her genitals, and one large nodule on the side of her face at the base of her ear. This left a scar, but the fur has regrown, although it's a bit "tufty" there now. All the other nodules just seemed to go crusty and then disappear(fell off?)
Oct 07: This time she had only 5 or 6 nodules, all on her face. One was really big...far bigger than the largest one last year. This large nodule fell, was groomed or scratched off on Sunday and has left a large deep hole which seems to be healing well by itself. It is so deep that I doubt very much that there will be any hair regrowth this time.

I've just done a count of lumps on Evie and I think she has 21 on her head alone. The biggest one above one of her eyes is about the size of a 50p, most of the others are much smaller obviously! The biggest ones on her body are about the size of a £1 coin.

I'm reassured to hear that there is hope of some of the fur growing back, so thanks for that. I fully expect her eyes and nose to be scarred though.

Evie's not doing too badly Jill, thanks for asking. It is so difficult to be patient on her behalf though, two and half weeks seems more than long enough and I'd love her to feel better now.

Not surprisingly I think she feels under the weather, but she still goes downstairs to use the litter tray and outside to sit in the sun sometimes. The biggest problem is getting a decent amount of food into her as she'll eat straight away but stop pretty quickly, so her 3 piggy offspring were getting most of the goodies! Now that I've upped the pellet ration and split the veggies into 4 meals a day, she's gaining a bit of weight so I think that is working better.

Millie only had 2 lumps - one huge one over her eye and a tiny one on her nose. The one over her eye left a bald patch, but, 12 months later there is a patchy bit of white fur growing back (the fur used to be black).
Jane

Back