• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with Guinea Pigs??????

kelzuna

Warren Scout
My sister has two guinea pigs. One of them has started making a starnge noise tonight...she describes it as a 'squark'...i havent herad the noise so cant say much more than that, sorry!

She hasnt heard him make it before and she is a little worried....any thoughts??

... how odd.

Does the exited whistling sound count as a 'squark'? Mine used to get ridiculously excited whenever they heard the fridge opened... they'd make all sorts of noises that could be a bit startling then. o_o;

mine occasionally retch while eating - that could be described as a 'squark!' kind of noise? I just say 'oh dear poor baby' and they are fine :D

Is it the infamous bird song that my piggies do? When the house is quiet, it sounds like a bird is in the piggie room and then I creep out there and there is a strange stillness and a piggie is chirping away and the others are staring transfixed.... it is quite strange too!:shock:

Is it the infamous bird song that my piggies do? When the house is quiet, it sounds like a bird is in the piggie room and then I creep out there and there is a strange stillness and a piggie is chirping away and the others are staring transfixed.... it is quite strange too!:shock:

hey yeah isn't that wierd :shock: I've only got one piggy that does that and it sounds EXACTLY like a sparrow cheeping :shock:

mine occasionally retch while eating - that could be described as a 'squark!' kind of noise? I just say 'oh dear poor baby' and they are fine :D

Ooh yes, I know the noise you mean - it does sound like a squark.

Piggies have a huge range of sounds they can make. It felt very odd with my first bun and he didn't make a sound!!
I can hear Leonard's babies now, they are gurgling, rumbling, wheeking, and probably squarking!! :lol:

Interested to read that so many people's guineas have made that bird song noise. Our Gidgit has done it several times but from what I read at the time it was supposed to be very rare?! x

Back