• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing Moment

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Ok, I've had my buns for about three months now. They were quite neglected and have had little human contact. I have been making an effort to sit with them a little everyday.

They started feeding from my hand about a month ago, but there was no touching allowed. Recently Lolly bun (the most layed back one) has started leting me scratch befind her ear, while eating.

She actually parked herself next to me, bowed her head and let me sratch all over her head, ears and cheeks for like 5 minutes. Then she put her feet up on my lap and eat the rest of her treats from my hand.

I'm so happy, all I have to do now is get Twinkle bun to recognise me as a lifeform. Yay

:p :p :p :p :p

Oh thats lovely. Well done you for your patience and love to help bring these poor bunnies out of their shells:D

Aww, that's great :D Two of mine have issues too, they've both had about 3/4 homes now and just don't know whether it's okay to trust me yet. I've had them about 10 months now and I've really seen the differerence in them since they've come inside again. Neither will let me nose rub or touch them at all yet but they'll eat out of my hand without running off and when I go in there and walk past them they don't run away like they used to. I love it when buns start to trust you, it's so rewarding seeing the difference in them :D

Lily was like this but over the 4 months I've had her she has mellowed. When she first come she would bite and scratch anything that came near her. Now she loves me I can pick her up, stroke her, kiss her and she licks me. Today she even stopped eating hay to greet me with a lick, Choci my normal snuggle bun didn't he kept eating the hay:roll: :lol:

She also trusts my mum now which is an even bigger step:D

vikki:wave:

Aww that is really sweet :love: I can totally empathise with you, Bobbin is quite shy and it's all the little steps that really count and make a difference. Yesterday I wet my hands to brush over him to lift any loose fur (which he just about tolerates now) - to my surprise whilst I did it he stretched out and did a big yawn, almost as if he really liked it! :D

Back