• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cost of vaccines

Custardpowder

Young Bun
I paid £28 for one single vaccination yesterday. Now I was happy to pay that but then I read a thread with people saying they have paid £13-£18!!!:shock: Clearly I dont want to pay more than I need to!

Can I ask what everyone pays and can someone suggest a vet in Cardiff/Caerphilly or surrounding areas which is reliable and cheaper

I wonder whether alot of it is down to location - some parts of the country seem to be cheaper than others. I pay £12 for VHD and £15.50 for a myxi. Im in North Essex

I pay £27.50 for both myxi and VHD but the vet does give a discount if both vaccines are booked and paid for, if only one is given it is slightly higher. I have started to go 6 monthly with the myxi so in the middle of the year I will have 1 myxi at full price which is 14.64 :D yearly I pay £27.50 for both VHD and Myxi:D

its £20 each for them at our vet (i use the slightly more expensive vet tho, he does titre testing for the dogs)

I paid £12.49 each. I live in Llanelli about 50 miles from you. Not worth the extra petrol though sorry.:cry:

Salt and Pepper have just had their myxi jab, and it cost £10.70.
VHD is £12.50.
I'm in the East Midlands and my vets are very reasonable (and very good).

well they are 17.00 each down here but 15.00 when you first take them although winnie got hers for 12.50 lol she licked the vet and headbutted him, he fell for her the flirt and gave discount :lol: he even rang to check on her after spaying lol

Back