• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat deterrants

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Since moving the buns outside we have had a cat (a lovely fluffy cat :) ) who has decided that it quite likes sitting on the roof of the hutch peering in at the buns. The hutch is secure and it can't get in but am just worried it might stress them out if it does something other than just look at them, they don't seem too bothered at the moment. There are a few other cats around too.

I know you can get those things that emitt a high pitched noise that the cats don't like so they don't enter the garden but would it hurt the buns ears if I got one? Sean's parents have one and have only seen one cat in the garden since they got it and think that cat is deaf anyway so I know that they work, just worried about buns ears.

Any ideas?

I wondered about those cat scarers too but am scared of hurting the rabbits' ears.

I put a load of dirtied straw and sawdust in my flowerbeds, which stops the cats pooing (whether due to the smell or the feel I don't know) so perhaps that is worth a try though it wouldn't be at all neat. Netting or chicken wire over the top might help too particularly if you can lift it up a little, maybe with some wood, so they can't stand on it.

Back