• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

found: a bunny in lincoln

becks

Alpha Buck
hi, i've never found an animal before - but thsi morning as we ater breakfast a bunny happily hopped along my drive!

thankfully a si'm on a stick at the mo so couldnt put up a chase, my parents were here so they ended up playing chase around teh neighbours garden - with me shouting instructions on how to handle.

they faionally managed to coax it into sams carrier, and so "honey" as we've temp named him/her (dontw nat to distress with picking up) is now living in our spare hutch in teh garden.

i'm going to send out flyers tonight to see if i can find teh owner (tho not put breed/colour on, as a loving owner will be able to tell me all that).

also will put one in news agents,a nd pet shops, and ask my vet to check him/her over.

i'm just wondering what else we can do?

if her/his owners cant be found, we are happy to foster until a permenant hoem can be found 0- but how do we set about doing that - i've used rescues befor e- i got domino from one - but never had to us eone to rehome.....

any advise welcome.

its not likely to have come far is it? dunno how far bunnies range? it wouldn't hurt to knock on the doors on your street at least in case it is a close neighbour. hope it finds its owner soon, but hope its not an irresponsible one who doesn't secure the hutch properly:( . its lucky to have hopped up your drive though. maybe its fate ;)

btw hi felow lincoln bunny person :wave:

its not likely to have come far is it? dunno how far bunnies range? it wouldn't hurt to knock on the doors on your street at least in case it is a close neighbour. hope it finds its owner soon, but hope its not an irresponsible one who doesn't secure the hutch properly:( . its lucky to have hopped up your drive though. maybe its fate ;)

btw hi felow lincoln bunny person :wave:

good luck in finding owner...when my bunny starskey(no longer with us sadly) managed to escape iv never been so worried she was found by a freind who lived several roads away and she had to have gone about 3/4 of a mile and crossed 2 quite busy roads my freind came out and found her sat under his car...having rabbits himself and recognising my mishivous buns grin of satisfaction he promptly returned her to me the little scamp... i had been looking for about 4 hours in such a panic crying and thought id never see her again!i was lcky keep going with the posters and door to door

good luck in finding owner...when my bunny starskey(no longer with us sadly) managed to escape iv never been so worried she was found by a freind who lived several roads away and she had to have gone about 3/4 of a mile and crossed 2 quite busy roads my freind came out and found her sat under his car...having rabbits himself and recognising my mishivous buns grin of satisfaction he promptly returned her to me the little scamp... i had been looking for about 4 hours in such a panic crying and thought id never see her again!i was lcky keep going with the posters and door to door

Crikey, that is some way! i can't really imagine bunnies straying far from home - think about wild bunnies. maybe domestic buns don't have that sort of sense.

Back