• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So sad I have to take Loopy back:(

susiemae

Mama Doe
After the initial successful bonding at Frans house between my two boys and Loopy (was Nancy), they all came home yesterday and there were major fights between Billy and Loopy. Billy is back on his turf and obviously feeling very territorial. Even in the neutral area in my bathroom it was a war zone! They both had to go to the vets yesterday. Loopy was ok but Billy had four bites, two of which were quite deep and he's on a course of antibiotics. On discussing the situation with the vet and going on my gut instinct, I decided its not in any of the rabbits best interest to try to force the bonding.

So I have the very sad task of returning Loopy to Fran today. I am not unfortunately able to keep her as a house rabbit as I feel she would get lonely. We are often all out for most days with work/school and she would spend long periods on her own and I decided this wouldnt be fair on her. I couldnt afford to bring in another rabbit as a companion for her.

Ive had tears from my daughter (shes only 5) as she cant understand the situation but I feel Im doing whats best for Loopy and my two boys as well.

It just makes me sad it hasnt worked out:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry the bonding didn't work out. Well done for doing what you know is best despite it being so hard. I am sure Loopy will find the perfect husbun soon.

I'm so sorry it didn't work out Sue, I'm so gutted for both her and you. I thought it was all okay when I'd seen them snuggled up that morning, some things just don't work out I guess. I hope she finds a husbun soon, really don't know what I'll do if she doesn't :? xxx

Back