• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

guinea pig sore feet

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
One of my piglets has got sore feet, red and sore and has dead skin on it. I was wondering if there was anything i could put on her feet to make them heal, other than vaseline. She has megazorb as bedding... but does have a tendency to sit where she has weed :roll:. Other pigs feet are ok. Just scrufter.

Thanks in advance

One of my piglets has got sore feet, red and sore and has dead skin on it. I was wondering if there was anything i could put on her feet to make them heal, other than vaseline. She has megazorb as bedding... but does have a tendency to sit where she has weed :roll:. Other pigs feet are ok. Just scrufter.

Thanks in advance

JOANNE :wave: :wave: :wave: , where you been? Have noticed you haven't been around much, or have i just missed your posts? :rolleyes:

Not sure about your piggies feet though, sorry. I know you can use Sudocrem on the buns, but not sure about it for piggies :?

:cry: I am bogged down with uni work, so when im not cleaning litter trays and reading tonnes of boring journal articles, i am either at work or asleep. :( I miss RU so much too. Ive missed everyone.

:cry: I am bogged down with uni work, so when im not cleaning litter trays and reading tonnes of boring journal articles, i am either at work or asleep. :( I miss RU so much too. Ive missed everyone.

Awww, bless you :cry: , it will all be worth it in the end though????

Miss you too, so get them read and hurry back ;) :wave:

Good luck with sorting piggies feet xxx

As well as the ointment, you might want to consider adding some essential fatty acids to the diet - hemp oil is good and can be added to the dried food.

Thanks Joanne, im also moving house so its not going to get any easier :lol: x

As well as the ointment, you might want to consider adding some essential fatty acids to the diet - hemp oil is good and can be added to the dried food.

Where on earth do i get hemp oil from?? :lol:

All my rescue piggies came in with sore feet. Vaseline is good as a barrier against urine.

The only other thing you can really do is either change their megazorb more frequently or get them on vet bed. I put all the rescue pigs on vetbed and their feet clear up in a couple of weeks.

Nicola

Where on earth do i get hemp oil from?? :lol:

A health food shop. :) You can either get capsules that you burst, or the oil in a bottle.

I like vetbed for piggies too - I put a layer of Megazorb underneath though, to absorb all the wee.

A health food shop. :) You can either get capsules that you burst, or the oil in a bottle.

I like vetbed for piggies too - I put a layer of Megazorb underneath though, to absorb all the wee.

So what do i do with it though, when i clean them out? I clean them out once a week.. or every 5 days or so...

You have to shake the poos off and get rid of the worst of the hay, then stick it in the washing machine on a 40 degree wash. :)

Forgot to say, it was my vet that recommended the essential fatty acids thing, as one of mine has dry skin/feet.

Back