• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help and advice with my little man please

nixxy83

Young Bun
hey guys n girls

My lovely little man has come into sexual maturity and has been fine until now...

He is getting a bit frisky and has tried to hump mine and my partners arms (poor thing *rabbit that is*).

When he is out now he will run around me honking and will then poo around me and keeps scratching at my clothes, any reason why he is doing this?

Also I have noticed that his wee and poo have alot stronger smell to them...

Is it time to have him neutured?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Oooh he fancies you.

The circles and honking are a mating rtual and the pooping and strong wee (is he spraying?) are to mark his territory.

I think its time for a deplumming!

Thanks for the quick reply

He is 6/7 months old, yeah they have fully developed.

Just want him to be ok and cos he is an in door rabbit I like to keep him clean and dont want him to smell

great I just thought he loves me as he has always come to me loads when he has been growing up, running round my feet and then my partner honking.

But would rather he fancied a rabbit

He doesnt spray just drops a few poo nuggets and then runs off and runs back and runs all over me basically

Is that the best thing to do then? have him done

Yep. If you get him done sooner then he may well grow out of these habits and it will stop him developing any of the more unsociable ones...like spraying.

Yes you definately don't want him to start spraying :lol: My Bailey was about 7 months when I had him done, he was pretty hormonal by that time. He calmed down straight away and is much less smelly. Plus he now has a spayed rescue girlfriend :D Its a simple operation for a boy bunny. Make sure you have a good rabbit-savvy vet who is used to doing this kind of op. You'll be able to keep him warm after too as he is an indoor bun and keep an eye on him :)

:wave: Hi!! Wobbles suddenley became teenagerish once his balls dropped. He nipped me and the cats a few times and when I was cleaning him out would come and shove my arm out the way. That stopped when he was done. I have just had Barney done coz he started to run round me in circles and spray me - he was only done 10 days ago but hasn't sprayed me since so hopefully in a few weeks he will have completely calmed down and stop doing extra poos.

Back