• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it possible?

Radish

Mama Doe
i have brought Maisie bun indoors for the winter as my OH felt sorry for her being outside.

she is one end of spare room in dog crate and mr fairweather my baby boy bun is other end in his crate.

ultimately he will be neutered and introduced to Maisie, now whilst waiting for his man rabbit bits to drop i want to excercise each of them in the room.

is it possible for them to mate through the bars of the crates? probably a stupid question but although i totally understand their anatomy i also know what monkeys small animals can be.

please advise....thanks

I wouldn't have thought so although im a total novice!

Could you not put something in between the 2 crates so they can't get to each other?

I am having a similar problem, I want to have my rabbits out but they fight really badly so can't be out at the same time. I want to create two runs for my sitting room so they can be out when im at work

They can. You have to leave a responsible gap between the bars to stop any mating.[/

hi yeah the crates are opposite ends of the room. i want to free range each bun seperately within the room but each would be able to hop near the others cage.

they would only be exercising while supervised.

yeah, put something against the other's cage so they can't mate through the bars secretly. Some accidenatl litters were made in a second. Supervising them is not enough.

i guess it depends how vigilant the supervision is!

anyone else have any idea if its possible for them to mate through the bars..need plenty of actual experiences so i can make an informed choice thanks.

Back