• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I attempt to put bunnies together tonight, spudsey seems very keen!!!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Squirrel and Spudsey have been bonding slowly between a mesh divider between my kitchen and lounge. Squirrel has been neutered for 6 weeks today, Spudsey isn't as still too small.

Spudsey is currently rattling the mesh trying to get in!!! Shes been doing this on and off for the last hour. Unfortunately their shed isn't ready (poor partner has gone to Wales in emergency as dad has had stroke :cry: ) so it won't be done for at least another month....

Not sure whether to let her go in or not!?
What would you do?

I'd advise you to wait another 2 weeks as I'm sure someone here had their buck father some kits when he'd been done almost 8 weeks previously:? Better safe than sorry.

I'd advise you to wait another 2 weeks as I'm sure someone here had their buck father some kits when he'd been done almost 8 weeks previously:? Better safe than sorry.

I know....8 weeks sounds an awful long time!! My vets plus most sites I looked at re rabbits said 4 wks amazing how it differs!

Do you think that if they were in together I could put a stop to any humping if there was any if I stayed on guard or are they that quick!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shes only lickle!!! And hes a big b*gger!!!! (scuse slang!)

No..it takes a split second and isn't fair to the buck anyway.I'd say 4 weeks is way too soon. My rabbit savvy vet says a minimum of 6 weeks to be safe and 8 weeks to be absolutely sure. Really, it's not worth the risk is it? It's only another 14 days.

No..it takes a split second and isn't fair to the buck anyway.I'd say 4 weeks is way too soon. My rabbit savvy vet says a minimum of 6 weeks to be safe and 8 weeks to be absolutely sure. Really, it's not worth the risk is it? It's only another 14 days.

I know..these last 6 weeks have gone pretty quick!

Spudsey has given up tugging the mesh and has taken to 'flirting' with her man instead! Flirting with Squirrel involves lots of binkies and flash moves :lol:

AW..Is there any way you could take some video fottage and put it up for us? Mind you, as soon as you point the camera in their direction they'll most probably stop:lol:

AW..Is there any way you could take some video fottage and put it up for us? Mind you, as soon as you point the camera in their direction they'll most probably stop:lol:

I'd love too, might be better than the awful photos I keep ending up with!!! Will ask o/h when he rings me later, I can 'video' on his camera but have no idea what button!!! :oops:

Back