• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

We're back from the vet, poor Lionel! U/D worried now

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Whilst having his castration the vet noticed that his abcess had grown back more inside this time so he had to have another op to remove it and hes not a happy bunny so to speak, hes had a drink but not eaten but he has done some poos i will be keeping a close eye on him for a few days!
Richie had his castration and he was fine :D

Last edited:
Awwww poor Lionel :cry:
Sending tons of healing vibes for him and for Richie too :D

Hang on, I have just realised......'Lionel' and 'Richie'........

are you a fan !!

Janex

Awwww poor Lionel :cry:
Sending tons of healing vibes for him and for Richie too :D

Hang on, I have just realised......'Lionel' and 'Richie'........

are you a fan !!

Janex

I was hoping no-one would realise! Lionel was called that because hes a lionhead and then my mum got the foster bun and my sister insisted on calling him richie when she gets a girl she will probably call it nicole!

I was hoping no-one would realise! Lionel was called that because hes a lionhead and then my mum got the foster bun and my sister insisted on calling him richie when she gets a girl she will probably call it nicole!

Then we'll all start singing 'Hello' !! :lol: :lol:

Janex

Ok so theres no change in him whatsoever from yesterday, hes not eating or drinking much (i have hand fed him a few strands of hay and 3 pellets thats all he would have) and hes barely moving and when he does move hes dragging one leg behind him. I have called the vets and am waiting for a call back, fingers crossed for him please x

Ok so theres no change in him whatsoever from yesterday, hes not eating or drinking much (i have hand fed him a few strands of hay and 3 pellets thats all he would have) and hes barely moving and when he does move hes dragging one leg behind him. I have called the vets and am waiting for a call back, fingers crossed for him please x

Oh no poor chap :cry:
I really hope he will be OK

Janex

Poor love! I hope he comes round soon. Does he like any leaves or fruit as a special treat? I wondered whether he would eat those.

Been to vets

Thanks everyone
Christobel called me and told me to come down straight away, his leg is very inflammed so he is probably in lots of pain hopefully that doesn't mean that the abcess has come back for the third time.
I have to keep a close eye on him, he had an injection at the vet and has metacam to have for the next few days and as hes not eating he has maxolon, he has eaten a piece of brocolli and some parsley since we got home so things are looking up x

Thanks everyone
Christobel called me and told me to come down straight away, his leg is very inflammed so he is probably in lots of pain hopefully that doesn't mean that the abcess has come back for the third time.
I have to keep a close eye on him, he had an injection at the vet and has metacam to have for the next few days and as hes not eating he has maxolon, he has eaten a piece of brocolli and some parsley since we got home so things are looking up x

Awwww I hope that Lionel will feel better very soon.
Sending lots of vibes to him

Janex

Thanks guys, things were looking up this morning but he has gone downhill again this afternoon no movement no food no nothing :(

Back