• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long?????

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Okay il expain the situ quickl

Peanut butter and jelly have lived near each other for a year and a bit. they can always see each other. They have never shown agression to each other. They have had 2 litters altogether (not goin in2 tht now its irrelevant 2 this post). Peanut had been neutured 6 weeks, and last week they were together supervised in my utility room, altho she is a stropy mare, she adores him and already groomed him. She was spayed today.
How long do i wait after the spay before i properly bond them??

bearing in mind, altho she is stroppy with me, she has already groomed him and no fighting. thanks!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 weeks should be fine, That gives her enough time to heal and hormones to sub-side. thats what I was told when I asked how long before choci and lily could be together. were one week down and I 'm looking foward to next wednesday when I can start bonding.

vikki:wave:

its just so varied. Pebbles had only been spayed 5 days before i got her, and domino had funnily enough been neutured 7 days. they fell in love at first sight, rspca said to introduce them at the centre but if they didnt get it it didnt mean they wouldnt, cus of hormones etc, but nope..fell in love lol.

bcus they have effectively 'known' each other for a year, i expect i will do supervised small room reintroductions when she has healed. thanks

Back