• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Makes me feel like ****

susiemae

Mama Doe
Gizmo & Billy have been bonding with Loopy (was Nancy) for the last 5 days on neutral ground. All went well. They came home today and things have not gone so well. Billy and Loopy have been fighting now Billy is back on his turf and he has a bite on his side and Loopy has fur missing off of her leg. All 3 are in my bathroom (only neutral room in the house) looking completely stressed and I feel completely sh*tty about it. Billy has got to go to the vets about the bite, I think Loopy is physically ok but is obviously stressed. Gizmo keeps getting the worst of Billys referred aggression and all three look basically unhappy about the current situation.

Its not that I want to give up at the first hurdle, I would love all three to be bonded, but I just look at them and they look so sad. Bill & Giz are normally outdoor rabbits with the whole garden to play in and are now confined to the smallest room in the house.

When do you draw the line and say this isnt being fair to them?

Personally I draw the line if anyBun receives a serious bite wound needing Veterinary attention :cry:

I am *not* a confident bonder though so I expect you will receive some more optomistic advice from other people

I hope that Billy gets on OK at the Vets

Janex

Oh I'm sorry thats awful when it happens ((hugs)). I've had this happen with my babies and its so upsetting. Personally I seperated them until wounds healed etc. At the mo they are still separated into two pairs and I'm building up my courage to try bonding the four again soon.

Please don't feel bad about it, you're doing the best you can for them and it's just a shame they've started fighting because they've been so loved up these past few days. At the end of the day, you know your bunnies best and you will know when they've had enough and it's time to end it. I hope they settle down but really I think you'll know when it's time to give up. Obviously I'll take Loopy back if it doesn't work out for you, I hope it doesn't come to that though because they did all look so happy together. PM if you need anything Sue and let me know how they get on & how Billy gets on at the vets xxx

Thanks everyone. Im going to speak to the vet when I take Bill as Im worried that the stress may have other knock-on health issues for them, to help me decide what to do. I just want to do whats best for all three.

Back