• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

longest trip with a rabbit....

nina81

Alpha Buck
seeing as though i'm on a search for a husbun i was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of the longest journeys you've done with a rabbit just so i can kind of widen my search scale but not look to far away etc don't know if i'm bein silly but i thought i'd ask :D

I may be wrong, but i think there was a rabbit on RR that traveled from Scotland to England??

Although a shorter distance would probably be better :lol:

How well does your doe travel? Think that's probably the most important starting point.

We went an hour to Leicester with Hoops to meet Ant but I know people have done much longer journeys.

To be honest as long as she has hay i can pretty much do anything to her lol she's a sap! although i don't think i would take her too far! do you think it is vital to take winnie with me when i go and look at bunny's if i ever find one??? never done the whole bonding thing but so far winnie ha tried to make friends with a rat a cat and a dog so i don think she's gonna be fussy the tramp lol :lol:

HOLLAND??? that is far lol you reckon i'll get away with one on a train? i know my friend will take me so far within reason lol

When we go on vacation we travel 2 hours with rabbits and dog in the car.
Also Aroma came to me from almost the other side of the country:D

i would start looking at rescues closer to home first. if you have not done any bonding before it would probably be best to have a rescue who could give you some support

i would start looking at rescues closer to home first. if you have not done any bonding before it would probably be best to have a rescue who could give you some support

i did think that but the girl at the rescue near me said she would help even if i don't get a rabbit from them..... i think she's trying to help because she said in the last 3 months they've rarely had a boy in who's been suitable for re-homing or who isn't already bonded.

I took my 2 six week old wild bunnies from Wellingborough to Anglesey in Wales, they were both fine, and I collected new bunny Squirrel from Wellingborough to Nottingham.

Alvin has done a 7 hour journey in one go... with 3 stops i think.... birmingham to edinburgh and back a week later

Back