• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried about mopsy please need advice =?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Well dad is sorting out the patio for Mopsys shed as we speak ( or write) so the shed will be soon up so Mopsy will be warmer at night however over the past days everytimee i go out she comes up to me and starts chucking her food bowl around so i gave her the normal portion that i give her but she keeps doing this like she is always hungry =? then i feel her stomach when she is feeding and it feels like she has lost weight =? however she was quite porky but not over weight to start with ( according to the vet) but i am getting quite worried about her xx Please help =] x Hope I made Myself clear aswell =] x

Last edited:
Maybe its where it is getting colder so she is burning more calories to keep warm? If you are worried then you could take her to the vets for a check up? Hopefully someone else will come along and give you more advice :)

Thank you so much =] that is what my mum said that because she it is cold that maybe she is burning more calories to stay warmer =] Hopefully the shed will be finished tomorrow so she can move in =] x x

Mopsy has just turned 5 =] x x however she has never acyed this way before and i have had her since she was about 3 months old =? xx

Perhaps it is because of her age?

I don't know about rabbits but certainly at the riding school I was at a couple of the older horses got extra feed, esp in winter to maintain their weight!

Just keep an eye on her weight and activity... I'm sure she'll me fine though. My first rabbit was called Mopsey!

Your dad much work faster that me, I've got no further with my shed since the weekend, although it's too dark in the evenings and I don't actually like DIY, and I'm not very good at it!

I have a 19 year old horse who loses weight during the winter despite having a big rug on and plenty of extra feed. Animals need alot of extra fuel in the winter if they are living outside, just to keep themselves warmmm and I suspect that as she is an older bun this is the case. I have 2 foster buns who are 6 and they eat more than my younger bigger buns in this weather. xxxx

Back