• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat Tomatoes?

No problem :) I think I would not give the seeds. Better safe than sorry :) I even cut the seeds out of cucumber and they are teeny!

mine have tomato seeds included (no green bit on top though) and not had any probs...now starting to worry incase they shouldnt have the seeds :?

Mine have cherry tomatoes with seeds but no green bits, they love them, make a mess and then clean the floor after licking up the juice!!

Helen x x

Cherry tomatoes but NO GREEN BITS.

Tomatoes are a good source of potassium and are often fed to rabbits with FRS.

My only worry in feeding too many is that the acid content may upset the PH balance of the gut.

Funny this came up....I mentioned it in my 'rabbit keping myths' thread the other day.

I thought tomato is too soft and has gas substance inside. However, my last bunny, Little Happy ate them from time to time.

Rabbits are the most adorable pets who loving snacking on human food. But all human foods safe for us are not safe for our bunnies as well. Some may prove harmful or toxic to our beloved bunnies. It is essential to offer the bunnies the food having all essential nutrients, fibers, and all essential minerals and vitamins. Read more : https://petadvices.com/can-rabbits-eat-tomatoes/

Hope this helps.:):)

Back