• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dennis's plums

capel

Warren Veteran
Vibes for Le-anne's gorgeous orange rex Dennis who is saying goodbye to his magnificent plums today.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for that Hilda. Title made me :lol:

Well hes now at the vets probably being done as we speak :cry: . I trust my vet with my life but I am still going to worry :?

Have an appointment with Monty at 4.40pm just to check his eye is back to normal. It seems a bit red but hes done with the drops and so I am not sure if its just me being paranoid:? Will pick Dennis up at the same time! :D

I took him at half 8 and he was so good in the car - totally unaware. I felt so guilty ! I couldn't understand why he wasn't even a little stressed then remembered he had a 3 hour car journey from Wiltshire to me so it seems he is used to it! :lol:

I would usually go shopping (any excuse 'eh? ) to take my mind of it but its too darn cold I don't want to leave the house!!!

Had a lovely relaxing bath instead and then wento to P@H and bought him some nice new VetBed and treats and now just messing on here... Its worse because he lives inside and his cage is empty, its more noticable hes not here ...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

(see that ripped off wallpaper. He did that last night the little devil... :lol: )

a.jpg

A new toy and some tasty herby treats - do you think I am feeling guilty??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

a1-1.jpg

I'm sure he'll be fine. I'll be interested to hear what Fiona has to say about Monty's eye. I've decided to take Floss tomorrow to have hers checked out as well. We can compare notes!!

Hello Dennis mate :wave:

Just heard that some pesky Vet has nicked your plums :rolleyes:
So here are a spare set :thumb:

plums.jpg

Sir Victor Velveteen

Picture1398.jpg

Last edited:
Aw Victor..were they yours by any chance? Judging by the expression on your face, I rather suspect they were:lol:

Hahaha thanks for that Jane, that made me laugh! :lol:

Will let you know what Fiona says about Monty's eye Hilda ;)

Even though I didn't see Fiona this morning she twigged he was mine! :lol: She said " hes very cute isn't he?" :lol: then asked me where I got him from etc and she also liked my Primp bunny top! :oops: :lol: We were chatting for ages! :oops: :lol: I think she thinks I'm a tad mental though... :rolleyes: :lol:

She said he'd been on his best behaviour and came out of the anesthetic really quickly. Hes still a little bit groggy as they always are!

I asked about him having his jab or jabs but she was reluctant to do it as hes been through an op so he'll be going back next week for myxi and VHD. I told her his previous owner had said he'd been done against myxi but I had no proof and if it was safe I'd rather get him done again. She said going on what I've had him (about 3 weeks ) and then next week making it a month that would be ok to do it again but she wouldn't want to do it sooner;)

Monty got really worked up going to the vets, I guess hes been a lot lately and hes just getting fed up of it! :cry: Poor bun. Anyhow it was worth me taking him for peice of mind. He still has a cloudy bit of grey accross his eye which I thought may mean a) it still wasn't healed or b) I hadn't been doing the drops correctly! As it turns out she put the dye in his eye and there was no mark! Fiona said that although his eye has healed from the ulcer the grey patch is where new stuff must heal. Apprently eyes take agggess to heal properly as theres no arteries or healing properties that there are with skin. She said that cover is like an "emergency seal" just to protect it from infection and then it heals properly from inside over a period of time. I trust you my vet put it more technically than that though, thats just my hazy version! :oops: :lol:

So Monty has been given the all clear which is double good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

Some pics of Dennis ...:love: :love: :love:

I couldn't resist as he looked so cute but only took 2 so wouldn't stress him out :thumb: .

dennisvet1.jpg

dennisvet.jpg

Last edited:
Oh bless him he is just so gorgeous! Your bunnies are just stunning :D

Sending quick recovery vibes!

Shiv, Zion & Fia

Glad to hear all's well Leanne. He looks really comfy on that vet bed. How long do you reckon it'll stay white?:lol:

Oh bless him he is just so gorgeous! Your bunnies are just stunning

Sending quick recovery vibes!

Aww thankyou:oops: . I think so :lol:

Glad hes ok, <<<<vibes for a quick recovery>>>>

And great news about monty!!

vikki

Thankyou Vicky.

I am so relieved Monty is finally on the mend. Hes been through so much these last 2 months poor boy. :cry:

Glad to hear all's well Leanne. He looks really comfy on that vet bed. How long do you reckon it'll stay white?

I know! I thought that too! :rolleyes: But it was the only small one they had left.

Back