• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A breakthrough with Piper ...

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
she's quite timid and if you try to stroke her when she's on the ground she hunches up until you stop then she runs off, or she just runs off straight away, yesterday however I brought them in the house and encouraged, sorry bribed :oops: , her onto my knee with some dried banana and instead of jumping straight down with it she sat on my lap and ate it and then let me stroke her for a couple of minutes. She sat there wide eyed tho whereas Minstrel relaxes and starts to close his eyes, particularly if you stroke his ears :love:

Piper has started thumping tho whenever we go to pick her up and put her back outside, they come in every evening for a good run round and to have their tea. We try not to scare or intimidate her when we go to pick her up, is she just being stroppy about going back out in the cold or are we doing something wrong? I know they don't like being picked up but she's fine once she is in your arms.

Long post sorry

Helen x x

Back