• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forever Home Needed!---UPDATE

buntastic

Warren Scout
Can anybody help at all? As some of you know, me and my partner rescued Kirsty from life in a recycling box a couple of months back, and during that time she has become a lovely affectionate bunny (apart from hating to be picked up and being rather possessive about her cage ;) ). Unfortunately, I have turned out to be allergic to her and been coughing for weeks on end...She can't live outside as I haven't got a garden and we unfortunately can't carry on keeping her inside, so once again the poor bunny needs a new home...It will be about her fifth in a year and I'm feeling like I have really let her down:( (We were going to get her a bigger cage, etc and never thought she might have to go :? )

Has anybody got a home for her where she could stay permanently and maybe even have a friend? She is apparently only about 2 years old, healthy and fully vaccinated (although probably not spayed)... We've put her on the rspca list, but there is 30 in front of her and they only manage to rehome 1 every three weeks...Don't want to put her in the free ads as we would have no idea where she goes...

Any help would be welcome!!! :(

Thanks!!!!

P.S. We are in Preston

Last edited:
oh no hun! thats so sad :( maybe a mod will move this to rabbits in need. do you have any other p iccies of her apart from your avatar? may help persuade people!!hehe

I will try and get some more, but she is rather camera shy... plus the avatar pic doesn't really show of her beautiful grey bits, they look more like black blotches!!!

Have you tried talking to the RSPCA in Preston - they've got two spare hutches at the moment!! (although i can't say for certain if they have a waiting list)

Yes, have talked to the rspca in preston this morning...they only got 4 spaces for rabbits and apparently there is 30 on the waiting list (and they only manage to rehome 1 every 3 weeks the lady said). I have added her to the list, but don't really hold out much hope.:(

As for the allergy, never had any problems with hay before, so I doubt it is that. We even sent the bunny away for 10 days to a boarding place to make sure it was her causing the coughing, and sure enough, symptoms got better within a couple of days of her being gone and started up again when she came back (her hay was still around, so that makes me even more sure it has nothing to do with that).

I just feel really guilty that she will have to go through the upheavel of moving yet again! :(

Here is a couple more pics, they were taken when she first arrived, so that's why she looks a bit concerned on some...

025.jpg

0032.jpg

0052.jpg

Awww poor little lass - and it must be very upsetting for you :( If you PM Tamsin or SOAD they'll probably put it in the rabbits in need section, so hopefully she'll find a permanent home soon.

aaawww she's gorgeous.. i hope you find a home for her real soon... dont feel too bad.. you cant help being allergic and at least you have given her a lovely home for now

P.S. We are in Preston

which preston.... there are about 15 dotted around the uk lol[/QUOTE]

The Preston I know of is near Blackpool I think it'll be this one..
Have you tried rspa Chester/Wirral ? Its around 1 hour 15 mins from you ..

oh how awful for you. i'm allergic to cats and my biggest fear is being allwergic to bunnies. is she the only bun you've got?

Yes, sorry, it is Preston Lancs, the one near Blackpool :oops: In fact blackpool rspca and some of the other shelters there are next on our list...

And yes, she is an only bun as she was a totally unplanned aquisition - she just needed a home asap, so we decided to have her, it was love at first sight :bunny: I knew I was allergic to my cat (found this out by blood test as I never had any symptoms), but as I never had any other problems with furry pets I wasn't expecting the bun to be a problem:cry:

I'd love to help as I'm only in Longridge but unfortunately I don't have the accommodation for any more buns but I can possibly help with transportation down the M6 as far as Warwickshire at some point if needed.

Thanks for the offer gemma, hopefully we will be able to find somewhere closer to home for her, but I really appreciate it! :)

Back