• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever had a bunny fussy about greens?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
Molly has not tried any veg. She hasn't even taken a nibble so she doesn't know what it tastes like. I've tried Celery, Carrot tops(real hit with Milly!!), Parsley, Mint(which neither of them liked), Spring greens. Milly likes all these(except Mint), and Molly just turns her nose up at it. Should I just continue with Milly and leave Molly to feel like she's left out and maybe she'll come and join the eating?????? I gave them carrot a while back and it disappeared, but I don't know who ate it. I'll try Molly with some carrot tomorrow, or should I try leaving her out? What do you think works best?

Hi
Molly has not tried any veg. She hasn't even taken a nibble so she doesn't know what it tastes like. I've tried Celery, Carrot tops(real hit with Milly!!), Parsley, Mint(which neither of them liked), Spring greens. Milly likes all these(except Mint), and Molly just turns her nose up at it. Should I just continue with Milly and leave Molly to feel like she's left out and maybe she'll come and join the eating?????? I gave them carrot a while back and it disappeared, but I don't know who ate it. I'll try Molly with some carrot tomorrow, or should I try leaving her out? What do you think works best?

I'm afraid i can't help, Rubens and Dilbert will eat anything and everything as long as they are green - vegetable or not! Good luck!

Minstrel will eat absolutely anything that you put in front of him whereas Piper has to think about it first, she's a lot younger than him. I keep just trying her with little bits, if I put some in front of her she'll sniff it and then hop off but sometimes she'll come back and have another sniff and a little nibble, providing minstrel doesn't then steal it off her she'll keep coming back for more nibbles. Eventually she'll decide she likes it :) , she did this with a small piece of apple as a treat yesterday, she decided that actually she did quite like it so took a piece and ran off with it so that Minstrel didn't steal it from her!!

How are her teeth? maybe she has a sore mouth, most rabbits will normally munch into fresh foods! have you tried her with grass or dandelions leaves?

Hmm... Fussy eaters...

My buns don't have anything else to eat when they get veg (apart from hay). If they don't eat it it's tough!! Harsh I know but leave them a couple of hours and they'll eat it usually. Don't give pellets at the same time because they'll go for the pellets first.

Molly eats hay and grass, she'll eat dandelion leaves. She loves her hay and pellets. They get their veg after their breakfast. When they are older, I'm planning to give them breakfast pellets and in the evening, veg.

Molly eats hay and grass, she'll eat dandelion leaves. She loves her hay and pellets. They get their veg after their breakfast. When they are older, I'm planning to give them breakfast pellets and in the evening, veg.

well as long as she eats grass and hay she will be a happy healthy bun :D

Back