• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding ideas needed grumpy doe

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Well I thought I'd go for it yesterday so I had Sugarplum, Splodge and Twinkle all in the kitchen for an hour. Tying to bond Twinkle in with the existing pair.

Twinkle and Splodge got on fine. They're both quite timid. He licked her and she nipped his bum!

The problem was Sugarplum, fortunately she can't do too much damage without her teeth but she is still 2 1/2 times Twinkle's size so its a worry :shock: First of all Sugarplum ignored her then she humped her a couple of times ( I stopped her cause i was worried about twinkle getting sqished!) then she started growling and jumping on her everytime Twinkle went near :shock:

I separated them all and thought I'd try again later, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas? and also if any experienced bonders think it might work with Sugarplums behaviour? :?

ive just bonded a 4some and the way i see it is if you have a run split it into 2 and leave them like that for a couple of weeks as i think this makes the bond a lot easier as they know each other from the run,mine groomed each other through the mesh and did not mean to bond them i was going to keep them as bonded couples:lol:

they've been in neighbouring runs for nearly a year. They're not attatched but close.

In the run ive got the mesh allowed them to go nose to nose and were able to groom. This is the second bond and i know this really helped it was as if they were already bonded before i put them 2gether:D

Last edited:
Back