• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Approx cost for Neutering?

Custardpowder

Young Bun
Hiya, Can I ask how much I should expect to pay to have my bunnies 'done'?
We're off to the vets this afternoon but the receptionist couldnt give me a price.
Also what did you pay for jabs etc. We dont know anything of our brand new bun ( Thumpers) history. he looks very well cared for however

welll my jabs are £11 each, so £22 for both myxi and vhd. and my neuturing is £35. however, i know people on here have paid alot more than that

seems to vary an awful lot from vets to vets. When I got my boys done each one was £80 (that did include the following up appointment as well:roll: ).

good luck with the ops!!!

:wave:

My vet's is about £30.00 for jabs (thats both). However my neuter was about £90.00, and then she had to go back for them to look after her and ended up costing me nearly £200.00! I'm happy with my vet and trust them so i'm willing to pay!

My vet's is about £30.00 for jabs (thats both). However my neuter was about £90.00, and then she had to go back for them to look after her and ended up costing me nearly £200.00! I'm happy with my vet and trust them so i'm willing to pay!

I agree with you Tracey, i prefer to pay more if you trust the vet!.

jabs are £15 each for mine.

:wave:

If you can give us an idea of where you live, someone who lives in your area may be able to recomend a good vet.

I paid £48 to get Barney done at Companion Care vets (in Pets at Home) - is more for a girl - can't remember how much. Is £18.00 ish per jab but if you get them both done it is like £32 for both. I called round a few vets when I got Wobbles done to get prices and they really varied. Some were like £65 plus antibiotic injection which must be another £10/20 on top!

Vaccinations at my vets are £16 each (which includes a health check). Bailey's neuter was £45, I think spays are around £70.

We pay £33 for both jabs and that includes a health check up

It will cost us £45 for neutering- I am not sure if there are more charges added thats all we were told

Alvins op cost £56 but that included a health check the night before, his anti biotics and two post op checks...

I paid £45 for Choci and £70 for Lily but the total was £135 with injections and checkup. the vacs are going to cost between £20 -30 per bun.

vikki:wave:

Mxy jab - £16
VHD jab - £18
Neutering £57

I phoned round about 4 different vets and the price for neutering varied from £50 - £70.

Back