View Full Version : awkward situation....advice needed

23-10-2007, 09:22 PM
3 weeks ago i took in a bunny who was supposed to be being rehomed :roll: when the lady bought him to me she said could i just look after him for 2 weeks while she went on holiday which i agreed, that was 3 weeks ago, she hasnt called to ask for him back, The reason its awkward is cos the reason she,s gone on holiday is because her son is dying :cry: and the make a wish foundation has paid for her to take her son to florida to swim with the dolphins, im not sure which way i shoukld tackle it :oops: do i just leave it and hope she comes back for him ? im worried about going to her house incase her son has passed away ,any advice really appreciated

23-10-2007, 09:24 PM
hhhhmmmm. Maybe try giving her a call?

23-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Very akward but there is no harm i suppose in a phone call

23-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I would wait. If her son has passed on she certainly doesn't need another thing on her mind. After a while if you don't hear from her I suppose you must contact her. She will probably be embarrassed that she forgot.

23-10-2007, 09:26 PM
i'd leave it a bit longer..?

Tricky tho...:?:

23-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I would give it another week or so and see if she calls.
Poor woman must have so much on her mind at the moment:cry:

23-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Contact her soon, as some times if these things are left too long they can grow. Just make sure that you contact her in a positive way perhaps send her a letter from the bunny explaining that she is having a great time and that she understands if her bunny mummy needs to consentrate on her human child at the moment. Put it in a reasuring "this is one less thing for you to worry about" kind of way.

23-10-2007, 11:28 PM
yeh, i agree.dont make it sound like 'oh your rabbits here longer than it should be' just say you were concerned if need beyou can hold onto him/her for a little while longer, that way she wont feel like its something else for her to worry about

24-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Not sure if I have read this wrong. Was this rabbit initially going to come into the rescue for rehoming, and then she descided it was only for a holiday stay?

If this was the case I would certainly contact her to check out the situation, perhaps saying that you acknowledge that she has a lot on her mind at the moment and keeping it for a little longer is not a problem if she needs you to do this. If the rabbit has been left for you to rehome at least then you know what the situation is and you can get on with preparing the rabbit for a new home.

ARC had a pair of piggies who came in for a 4 week holiday stay a few years ago, they had originally been rehomed by myself to what seemed to be a lovely set up with a family with older girls and a stay at home mum, nice house with a secure garden. The family were from the US and were going back home for 6 weeks over the summer holidays, they rang Donna whilst I was away and Donna agreed as we had an empty space they could have for the duration of their holidays. 10 weeks later Donna had heard nothing from the familym the phone was never answered and we eventually had to assume that they had not returned to this country. Eventually we rehomed the 2 piggies.

24-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Ive had problems doing boarding before too, I looked after a pair of which one was originally from another rescue and they ended up with me for 3 weeks longer than agreed....it got very close to them going back to the other rescue due to me not being contacted and being unable to make contact with the owner :?

Needless to say I wont board at all now unless its for a bonding.

24-10-2007, 01:17 AM
I'd just give her a quick ring and say hello, just wanted to let you know such and such was doing fine and see whether you wanted to set a time/day to pick him up. Take it from there.