• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky?

the jump of joy! bunnies jump, stretch their bodies in weird twist and turns all to show that they are happy! :D

they will often kick their back legs out and sometimes turn in mid air! It's a pleasure to watch and makes me all gooey when i see mine do it! Shows you're doing sumat right!! :lol:

Is it not also their tactics to avoid predators chasing them in the wild; changing direction and dodging etc (could be wrong!!)

:D

Oh! Sweetheart (my bun) does binkies! I always just call them twitchies. I thought maybe a binky was when they flop down on their sides. Do those have a name? (I call them catepillars)

by the way- little Nettle is ADORABLE!

lol i just cal them bunny flops! but they are also signs of happiness!! sounds like you have a happy bunny! would love to see piccies of her!

They are great to watch!(didn't realise they were known as 'binky's' though!)
My conti doesn't tend to do them at the moment, probably due to her size and poorly legs:(
But My french lop does them! And as he can be a miserable so and so him doing his 'binky's' makes them all the more special!:D

Yes, I think she is quite a happy bun! Some mornings she is so happy to see me that all it takes is for her to smell my hand, and then she'll just to a "bunny flop".
Once again, I will sound a bit dumb, but I'm not sure how to put pics in a post. :oops:

Oh goody!! Thanks so much!! So here we go- this is my baby!
CIMG0686.jpg

CIMG0516.jpg

This is what I call a catepillar!
CIMG0511.jpg

CIMG0792.jpg

ur rabbit is adorable K.my black rabbit binkied the other day.ps. his name is echo.i have a greyrabbit named thumper.

Aww!:D Thanks! I do think she's an adorable bun- especially when she "catepillars". Is there any way for me to know what breed she is? I know she's a lop, but are there specific types? It was a bit of a surprise when I ended up adopting her (back in January) I've read books and such about rabbits so I feel well informed now about care, etc. - it's the specifics that I feel I still don't know about! (I suppose I really should put this on a new thread, but ah well)

Back