• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Sizes & Question

I have a dwarf lop that is 2.5 kg and I think looking at other peoples buns he seems about medium to slightly smaller. When we were looking at other buns we saw about some rexes which seemed quite a bit bigger than he is. Not as big as a giant obviously though.

By the way, my rescue dwarf is tiny (about 2 kg, mainly fluff) but she definately rules the roost, so I guess size doesn't mattter that much.

Hiya,

yeah, i'd say you've got a medium bunny, but I personally wouldnt try her with a continental giant. I've got british giants and dutch and minilops, so a huge range in size, but wouldn't dream of putting giants with any other size rabbit - if they kicked out even by accident then they could cause some real damage - but this is just my personal opinion - some people keep buns and guineas together so guess it's possible, but you have to weigh the risks against the benefits here.

why not check out www.therabbitry.co.uk, andlook at thier continental giants page - they've photos on there which will give you an idea of the size of these rabbits!

I have to say its a pairing I would be dubious about......if a fight broke out and Roxie was on the receiving end there is no doubt she would come off worse (plus with the dominance humping she will be a bit squashed underneath :oops: ).

There is also the potential for accidents that wouldnt happen with a closer size match.

Back