• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bonding - seems to be going OK***Its failed

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I've taken my girly trio back to Lou at Hopper Haven this morning to try bonding little Siskin into their group http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=9492

I've just spoken with Lou and.......so far so good!!! There hasn't been any sign of aggression shown so far, and they've started grooming.:D :D
I'm really chuffed as I shouldn't have him at all really, but every week I went to the rescue and there were still no new girlies in to bond him with, and I felt really sorry for him being on his own when he could be snuggled up with three girlies! When I was there Thursday he fell asleep in my arms whilst I fussed him, and I couldn't bear to leave him :( Luckily the O/h didn't take too much persuading :D
My girlies
2003_0103Image0074.jpg

Please think <<good vibes>> so that this little man doesn't have to go back to life as a single bun again

Last edited:
Are you going to post your pics of Jubilee, or are you waiting until the initial meet on Sat?
Mine might still be there on Saturday (although I'm hoping to get them home before then).
What time are you taking Alvin over on Sat?

Aww thats excellent news and Im sending loads of bonding vibes. Im curently bonding two does with my boys and all is going well :D Been together since Sunday :D

Aww thats excellent news and Im sending loads of bonding vibes. Im curently bonding two does with my boys and all is going well :D Been together since Sunday :D

How long do you think it'll be before you're fairly confident they're settled?
Lou is keeping mine for at least 4-5 days, and whilst I'm going to miss them, I think with a group there's more chance of a tiff:?

Apparantly Strawberry, the youngest of my group) kept away from Siskin initially, but when she went over to see him she groomed him immediately :D
As she's the bullied one in the trio I'm hoping things will even out for them.

I've just seen Crumpet and Muffin - they are gorgeous:love:

Last edited:
I bonded mine on Sunday in the kitchen, then moved them into a medium sized run in the afternoon :D I neutralised their shed and run and put them in their Sunday night. I wont split them up unless they become aggressive and they havent. I go down and check many times in a day and all is well :D

My new does, Muffin and Crumpet are 2 and three and Radley and Spuddy are 9 months ish :D Hope this helps and good luck ! :D

Are you going to post your pics of Jubilee, or are you waiting until the initial meet on Sat?
Mine might still be there on Saturday (although I'm hoping to get them home before then).
What time are you taking Alvin over on Sat?

ive posted them.... she posed so well for you i thought id risk it :)

oh dear i do hope your lot are all settled back home by then..... ill keep my fingers crossed..... does your house feel empty??

im taking him over before 12pm... hoping to get the bloke out of bed and the house by 10:30 at the latest (not sure of my chances tho, i know i wont sleep with the excitement) 40 mins drive... hoping for 11:30 latest arrival

Just had word that the bonding has failed:(
Haven't got all the details yet, but I'm fetching mine home tomorrow.
Poor little Siskin - I really hoped he'd fit in with my girlies. Looks like he'll have to wait a while longer until a suitable girly becomes available for him :(

Thanks - I just feel sorry for little Siskin being on his own.
I haven't got the full details yet, but I'm hoping there are no injuries. I've just seen your thread - looks like yours have settled fine :thumb:

Thanks - I just feel sorry for little Siskin being on his own.
I haven't got the full details yet, but I'm hoping there are no injuries. I've just seen your thread - looks like yours have settled fine :thumb:

Yeh we have the odd chase around the run but no nastiness :D I so wished your bonding would have worked :( Siskin will find another home soon Im sure. Vibes for no injuries :D

Sorry it didn't work out this time. When I was looking for a friend for Linus it didn't work out first time round but eventually we found Selma for him and they get along really well. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter what we want it what your furry friend choses!

Sorry it didn't work out this time. When I was looking for a friend for Linus it didn't work out first time round but eventually we found Selma for him and they get along really well. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter what we want it what your furry friend choses!

Yes, I think I was thinking in human thoughts rather than rabbit ones in assuming Siskin would have been overjoyed with three girlies:lol:
Maybe he's after a "nag-free" life, so 1 woman will be enough for him:lol:

Maybe he's after a "nag-free" life, so 1 woman will be enough for him:lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back