• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed re chasing

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Right, for the past day and a half, lilly and marsha have been chasing and humping. They have been living as a couple since birth (they were litter mates). Theres not been any serious behaviour, just chasing, the odd bit of fur pulling but mostly humping. Its not as though one is bullying the other. They did this a while ago for a couple of days and then stopped until now. im seriously worried as i don't want to have to split them up. Have checked them both for biting, no signs.
Pleasecan i have some advice xx

They are 6 months ish and no not yet, thats next on the bunny agenda... they are now snuggled really tight x

My three girlies were doing this just before they were ready to be spayed.
Once they were spayed the humping stopped immediately.
There is still some fur pulling, but no wounds are inflicted, but it can be worrying to see lots of fur pulled out:( .
I'd say if they haven't been spayed yet, the spaying will reduce/stop the humping. There might always be a bit of fur pulling though, which isn't too much to worry about unless there are injuries or proper scrapping.
Just keep checking closely for wounds, and if it escalates, reconsider again.

Definitely acting like teenagers it seems :lol: !

Once they've been spayed, they will settle down and be much happier. In the meantime, just make sure they don't fight or it may be difficult to re-bond them.

No there hasn't been anything majoy as i say, i knew they would hit teenagedom...
they are snuggled up.
thankyou for the advice xxx

Mine were doing exactly the same (and are also littermate sisters) Much humping before they were spayed! Afterwards this has stopped completely and after a recovery period they seem better. They never actually fought, just the occasional hair pull. Merry (more dominant one) is still chasing Pippin, and I posted a query on the forum, and decided it was food related, i/e Merry wanted Pippin's share. Spaying should hopefully help yours calm down a bit!

fingers x'd they rn't fighting but its just worrying... bekkie is texting me telling me not to worry but i just can't help it x

Back