• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crazy fence shoving

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Has anyone else's rabbits gone abit nuts in the last few days:lol:, because both of mine have.

My usually rather sedentry rabbit Lolly has turned into a maniac. She managed to escape from her enclosure last night:shock: , which wasn't a huge problem as I have a secure garden. I had been a rubbish bunny mummy:oops: and knocked a peice of fencing when I cleaned them out, which created a nice gap for her to squeeze through.

Any hoo. She now won't leave the bit of fence alone. I secured it last night and reinforced it so it won't happen again, but she just keeps shoving it with her head. She just seems very intent on getting out again and I have no idea why. Usually she the only things she is interested in are food, cardboard boxes and sleeping. There are none of these items on the other side of the fence.

She is spayed, so no urges of that nature spring to mind;) . I just can't work out what is motivating her. She has loads of toys, an unlimited supply of cardboard boxes, food, masses of space, nice hutch, stuff to chew, companionship. but still hopping round the side of the house and patio is what she want to do. She has never show any interest until now in escaping:? .

Question one: How do I distract her/stop this obscession????
Question Two: Why, oh why does she want to escape????

Sounds like she's just had a taste of freedom in the whole garden. Mine have the run of my garden every day and woe betide me if I try to ever put them in a run!!!!

My lot are the same, they're always trying to escape. I have no idea why, other than the grass is always greener on the other side :lol: !

They have a large run and plenty to do but still push the fencing and dig at the edges. I think they're just being bunnies.

if the garden is secure maybe you could let her out to have a bigger run while you are around to supervise(assume thats your biggest concern!) bles her she just wants to hop and binky...the more room the merrier!!lol

I wouldn't mind, but they arn't exactley confined as it is. They have a 12x12 enclosure and triple deck hutch.

I'll let them have the run of the garden in the summer, as I can see them in the evenings. I'm reluctant to let them run free at the moment, because it's so dark and I can't easily keep and eye on them.

I think she just enjoys being a moo bag and making me look foolish and run around the garden after her.

Back