• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please

susiemae

Mama Doe
I know theres been alot of threads about winter weather but I could do with some advice please.

My two boy buns are coming home tomorrow with their new little sister, Loopy (was Nancy) having been successfully bonded by Fran (Well done Fran:D :wave: ). Loopy has been an indoors bunny for a while now, though not in a heated room. She'll be going outside with the two boys in their shed. It has some insulation under the lino on the floor and they have an enclosed sleeping area, pieces of carpet to lay and sit on. Im going to get a snugglesafe tomorrow. I am concerned about her dealing with the temperature now she'll be outside. Do you think she'll be ok?

She will probably be OK, if the unheated room she's in is like my conservatory, it's only a couple of degrees above outside temperatures.

I'd try to put her out on a warmish night, otherwise she may have quite a shock. Can you open a window in the room she's in now? Just to lower the temperature a bit more.

She will probably be OK, if the unheated room she's in is like my conservatory, it's only a couple of degrees above outside temperatures.

I'd try to put her out on a warmish night, otherwise she may have quite a shock. Can you open a window in the room she's in now? Just to lower the temperature a bit more.

She's in a cold room with the others at the moment and the window's been open all day, just shut it because it was getting really cold. I'm taking her to Sue's tomorrow morning so they'll have the day rather than her going back in the evening when it's colder.

I think she'll be ok Sue, just give her the snugglesafe and maybe a bit extra bedding in the bed area so she'll be able to keep warm. She's been snuggling up to the others today to keep warm so I'm guessing she'll do the same if she gets cold during the night.

xxx

I think I would put a box of hay or something in there for her to snuggle down in - just in case. :) im sure she'll be fine though.

Back