• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did you name your bun(s)?

ailz

Alpha Buck
I strted with Tosh who is a Netherland Dwarf and somehow ended up being named after a Japanese film star Toshiro Mifune - as he was funny so he became Tosh me funny!

Then Rachel/Jess I got from Elaine in Tameside and she just became big bun - she wanted nothing to do with anyone and just sat still all day.

Then we got Tish. We got her from Pets at home as Tosh was really pining after big bun died and as we were trying to think of a name she started sneezing (and has continued to do ever since even after 2 x 3 week courses of antibiotic injections from the vet). She's not that friendly either, although she's getting better, she's beginning to realise that she's not going to be picked up and put in a carrier to go to the vets every time we touch her.

Hubby won't let me have anymore than 2:( Mind you he has to clean them out and so on.

Smokey and Fudge were already named when i got them from the rescue so i kept their names.
Angel was found wandering in a garden they had been seeing her for around 10-14 days before catching her.It was February time and freezing cold.
Someone must have been looking down on her so i thought Angel it had to be:D :angel:

we are working our way through the girls names we like for the animals. Jasmine was going to be Daisy, but it seems a bit of a girly girl name and she is quite feisty..so Jasmine it is

I named mine Stew...cruel i know but its always funny to watch peoples faces when u tell them his name!! :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol:

I named Chocolate because he was described as chocolate in colour, but to be truthful he's more grey and white:lol:

Lily was Leo when her old owners though she was a boy. But once my friend found out she was a girl, we had to think of a new name. the name Lily just poped into my mind and it's stuck ever since.

Theodore (who now lives with wiggle) again I it just poped into my mind, and I had to find the bun to fit.

Bunnykins (R.I.P), was orginally going to be called carrots, but it didn't stick. so I called her Bunny and then added the kins part of my surname to become Bunnykins.

Lucy (R.I.P), again just poped into my head.

Mickey (R.I.P), was named because I licked Mickey mouse at the time (I was only 7)

vikki:wave:

My O/H names my rabbits (unless they've already got one). Sometimes his names are so rude or un-politically correct that I have to over-rule him and call them something that won't get me in trouble at the vets :oops:

Amy

Peanut Butter was names so because of his markings and colour, Jelly was named jelly bcus of what we had named peanut butter!!

Domino got his nam was he was seven days old, and i saw him in the best pure white with tiny littlr pinprick spots on his back! now they are big splodges but thats where that came from!

Pebbles was called Melissa when i adopted her, but she also had dotty spots sop i thought i would name her pebbles bcus she was dominos girly, and he was named bcus of his spots too!

The two babies i have for rehoming...were named so bcus chubby was the biggest of the group and really fluffy! scampi was named so bcus he was a little scamp!

When I got him home I took him out of the carrier and put him on the floor, he was still for a while and then had a sniff about. You know how they get in a strange place, sort of all out stretched, bobbing their heads up and down to sniff the air... well bobbing turned into Bobbin! :oops: :D

All my buns have kept the names they had when they came to me, except Bobby (who's a pet shop bun, I'm afraid). His name is Bobtail, shortened to Bobby (also known as Bruiser!).

Piglet and Eeyore were named by me, I'm not sure why I did tbh...I just called them those names and they just never changed.

Rubix & Sophie were already named when I adopted them last year.

Tufty came with her name when I got her in May and as she's already 2 I didn't want to change it.

I named mine because I love the manga-series Naruto.
When I got my first rabbit, I decided to call it Sakura if it was a girl, Sasuke if it was a boy. Since I didn't know her sex I just called her "Zak", when she was 3 weeks old, she was officially named "Zakura" (cause I fell in love with the letter Z:lol: ) A few months later she started getting very vicious. So I named her "The Killer Rabbit", after the monster from Monthy Python and the Holy Grail.

I knew what sex Sasuke was, since I got him at 3 months, and him being black, I figured Sasuke was the perfect name. I wanted to give him a longer name too, like "Zakura the Killer Rabbit", so I named him "Sasuke the Legendary Black Beast", named from The Legendary Black Beast of AAAAARGH! Another Monthy Python monster:D (Rules in Norwegian jumping contests wouldn't allow me to call him Sasuke the Legendary Black Beast of AAAAAAAARGH as the rules state a rabbit's name mustn't be longer than 4 words (not counting words like "The" and "of") to prevent it from being too long to be called up. (Though some just call "Sasuke" when it's his turn:lol: ))

Aroma's kept the name her breeder gave to her. All of her litter are called "Vestkysten's Romance Told by..." with each rabbit getting a name starting with an A. I call her Aroma or simply Roma, daily though:)

And before you ask; yes, long crazy names are pretty normal in Norway:lol: Particularly in the Jumping-groups. Many names may not seem like names at all, just giving the rabbit a nickname that may not sound anything like their contest names.

Otus was named after a Greek god, meaning something like 'he who leaps' thought it was quite apt. Nell already had her name when I got her. I always wanted to call a rabbit Hazel from Watership down, as I named my Cat Toadflax, so wanted to keep up the tradition but otus didn't really suit hazel :)

this may take awhile...

my first bun Stan i wanted to call Kenny but my brother had a mouse called kenny so i thought of other names from south park and decided Stan suited him
Primrose - was from the cartoon of watership down that used to be on.
Poppy - was just a really pretty name me and mum liked.
Tiffany and molly.. tiffany was from the song breakfast at tiffanys i think and mum named molly, so i guess just random names
Tilly - another name mum chose
Precious - i named her, she was the first female bunny born at our house, so precious seemed right.
Parsley - my mum named him after the herbs :? apparently a tv series
Dylan - (actually dil from the same tv series the herbs) but i always called him dylan
Harry - :? i think he got his name from harry potter :oops:
Pipkin - from watership down
Basil - again my mum named her
Hoppy joe - i wanted to just call him joe but my mum said it was stupid for a bun so i called him hoppy joe :lol:
Lillian - she chose her own name, i called out loads of names and when i said lillian she turned and looked at me
Greg - after watching Greg the bunny i just had to get my own greg
Hazel- Rah - another watership down name
Hattie - we just randomly went through names and i really liked hattie
Violet - named after his fur colour
Roo - just a name i liked that seemed to suit her
Bugs - bugs bunny cartoon
Winnie - my mum loves winnie the pooh so we called her winnie
and Bernard was Hattie first name until we found out she was a girl, so it only seemed right to call one of her babies bernard, even though she turned out to be a girl too :? :oops:

there was other babies like flopsy - tiffs first born that died at birth and tiffs second litter one of the three died so i named it mopsy (from beatrix potter books)

p.s i also have a guinea pig called dandelion and a mouse called kehaar.. im just abit obsessed with watership down:lol:

Last edited:
My OH named Hoops before she even left the shop - she has very clear, black 'hoops' around her! Thankfully it wasn't a gender specific name as we thought we were buying a buck!

Ant was already called that when we had him from Honeybunny. He was one of the "insect" rescues that were all named after insects as they reached the rescue in cages surrounded by flies! He has siblings called Butterfly, Spider and Midge (to name a few!). We thought about changing his name, but couldn't think of anything we liked more. So he's still Ant, or sometimes Anthony cos he's so handsome!

Dizzy (who is now at the bridge) was named that because we had not long come back from our honeymoon in Disneyland when we had him. We had tried to think of a dutch connection, but failed!

Molly (also at the bridge) was already called Molly when we had her from the rescue. We'd thought of lots of names for her, but just stuck with Mol in the end. A pretty name for a gorgeous girlie.

Buu was named after Majin Buu from dragonball z :oops: He was a big pink baddy that turned everyone into chocolate and ate them :lol:

Trip because it just suited him, he didnt have a name for a few days :oops: :lol:

Scarlett was picked out of a whole load of girls names

And Beau because he is soooooo beautiful ;)

Boo was called Boo when i adopted him from Sooz.

Angel - i got her from P@H :)oops: ) and was in the car all excited with getting her and kept saying that she was Mummy's little angel, so Angel seemed apt.

Dude, rescue bun, was called Dude when i picked him up

Roxy was originally Rex(she's a Rex :roll: :lol: ) but then discovered she was female (had been told she was a male) and so changed it to Roxette, Roxy for short

:D

Fudge and Caramel were sisters i got as babies, and I named them because of their markings.

Carrots was destined for the meatpot at a farmers market, but i rescued her and brought her home. Carrots was my highly original and unusual name for her! I was planning to find a better name, but Carrots seemed to suit her so it stuck.

I don't think I need to explain my choices!:oops: :lol: I also had a bun years before called toffee, but I'll let you guess her colour!:lol:

Back