• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why does she hate me???

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Okay some of you might wonder why i am always posting peanut,domino and pebbles but never jelly. it isnt that i dont love her...its that she HATES me!!

we got her from a garden centre, she was quite big so probably at least 12 weeks, we have had her for a whole year now, and she is being spayed tomorrow. but she detests me! she bites me, and wotn let me touch her foodbowl. She cowers in the corner whenver i go to see her aswell.Thing is..it isnt hormones. Because....whenever my boyfriend goes up the hutch. she will RUN up the ladder to him, and when he opens the front she will put her paws on his shoulders and groom him. She rubs her face on his shoulder and simply adores him. I dont understand why she hates me, when im the one who feeds her, gives her exercise etc.

im hoping after 2moro she will like me more but im really upset about it! i never posted about it before because i thought i would seem a bad bunny mummy!!

Probaly because you clean her out, check her bum and give her medicine, your also the nasty person who takes her to the vets.

My bf is the favourite in our house because all he does is give treats and nose rubs :rolleyes: :lol:

Aww, I'm sure she doesn't hate you, just needs to trust you more. Have you tried hand feeding her and letting her come up to you when she wants to? I did this with Rubix & Sophie so that rather than forcing them to want nose rubs (they still don't), they can come up to me when and if they want to. It also is probably 'cause you do all the evil things like health checks, vet visits etc while other people do the cuddling.

well thats what i would think too, but shes neva had to have medicene, and me and my boyf both take her 2 the vets as i dont drive, and he is the one who holds her at the vets bcus hes the only who can.

as for checking her bum, he has to hold her whilst i check bcus she wont sit still for me. so i really dont get it

Of course your not a bad bunny mummy. Im fairly new to the forum but Ive seen from your posts that you love all your rabbits.

I wonder if rabbits can be like dogs are sometimes, where they might favour either male/female hoomans. I had a dog that didnt like men very much (I also feel like that myself sometimes:lol: )

In all seriousness though, theres a good chance she'll settle down a bit when she's spayed. She may not be as affectionate as the others but you may be able to come to an "understanding" between the two of you:D

I think she'll settle down when she's spayed too, can you remember the posts Chloe put up about Apache biting her, then he was neutered and he's calmed down a lot.

Hand feeding is a good idea.

we had this trouble with bunnykins(R.I.P), funnly enough she was also purchased from a garden centre and was 12 weeks. Bunnykins hated me, and I must admit after a while I hated her:oops:. I did nothing but love her from the moment I saw her, but she wouldn't even give me a chance. But she loved my dad, would let him do anything except pick her up. She really missed him when he died, She died shortly after him. She stopped eating and pooping and just seemed to give up, by the time she was seen by the vet it was too late:cry:

Lily was also a bit like this when she first arrived here, but over time me and her have become closer, although she will have her off moments when she goes to bite:shock:

vikki:wave:

if she's not neutered yet, perhaps she sees you OH as her mate & you his bit of fluff on the side....

When I first got Wallace she bit me and would hide too. She just didn't seem to want anything to do with me. Now we're the best of friends!! Her partner died and for a few weeks it was just me and her in the house. She kind of had to like me!!

Patience is the key. And lots of time. Try reading a book on the floor when it's just the two of you. Eventually her curiosity will get the better of her and she'll come and investigate. Just make sure you have bunny sweeties ready for when she does!!

i just feel so fed up because even though before peanut was neutured he wasnt as affectionate as he is now, he still LIKED me, she has seems to detest me. I tried the book thing, i sat in the garden with my lunch and a book, and she came over. i thought...yep this is working. but instead she ran at me and bit my arm.

my boyfriend went away last weekend and jelyl barely ate while he was away and completly wrecked her little tray, through it everywhere, mixed u p all the litter and straw and broke two of her toys!!! she seemed soooo angry, and i told him about it when he got home. he came over, and went out to see her and....she groomed him and then finally ate al her pellets.

i just dont get it!!

Females eh?! :lol:

Re: the hand feeding thing, I think I've over done it with Charlie, he now dives on me as soon as he can and follows me around religiously- for food :rolleyes: :lol:

lol i THOUGHT she was being nicer after her spay but news just in --- she has bit my mum!! she went in there and went 'hello jelly, heres some carrot tops' and she leap towards her in fury!!!

whoooops

lol i THOUGHT she was being nicer after her spay but news just in --- she has bit my mum!! she went in there and went 'hello jelly, heres some carrot tops' and she leap towards her in fury!!!

Bella does exactly the same if I put my hand in her cage - it's frightening isn't it?

Since she was spayed she has calmed down considerably but I still don't ever put my hand in without throwing a few pellets in first to distract her. Even then I have to be quick doing what I need to do as she flies and lunges that quickly she's caught me a few times. And it doesn't half hurt!

Hope Jelly is recovering well from her spay.

Rebec

Poor jelly, and poor you and your mum. She may still be skittish from the op and might take a few days to recover and for her hormones to reside. You still might not notice a miraculous diference though. Maybe once shes fully bonded and living with peanut she might not be so aggressive. I'm afraid i can't offer anymore advice, but you are a fab bunny mum and make me quite envious. :wave:

aww! well im hoping once shes happy with him she will be okay. i think she will calm down alot by then.shes never been indoors before she she doesnt know where she is either! cnt wait to get her with peanut :D

She might calm down once her hormones are settled :D Was she only spayed today? Buu was grunting and going for my hands for a few days after her spay :roll: She is another moody one, also from a garden center :shock: :lol:

Before her spay she was moody with the whole family except me, but now she is a bit friendlier with all of us :D She has turned into a right mummys girl ;) x

she was spayed wednesday. but bcus of the way she is i dont expexct anything to change for @ least a few weeks! plus she lives outside, and atm she indoors so she doesnt know where she is

she was spayed wednesday. but bcus of the way she is i dont expexct anything to change for @ least a few weeks! plus she lives outside, and atm she indoors so she doesnt know where she is

:lol: Buu hates being in the house :roll: When she is in she just sits by the cat flap sulking waiting for someone to open it :lol: :roll:

Back