• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gender peeing difference question...

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
Posting this for a friend...

Bunny help please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, you know about my dh's work bunnies, but we were wondering if there was a way to tell what sex they were by how they pee........ we can't turn them over to check 'em out so is there a difference between the way the male and female pee? We have seen Blondie squirt backwards.
I read that the female will develop a "double chin" but the work bunnies might be too young yet?

Thanks for any help!!!

The only way to reliably sex a rabbit is by looking underneath. Or, you put it off and an unwanted litter arrives - then you know you have one of each ;)

You can feel underneath for testicles without flipping a rabbit over, they are fairly obvious if they are there (base of the tail). Not finding them doesn't mean it's definitely a girl though so it's only helpful as a definite method if you find them - it's a boy.

Tam

LOL I don't know the backstory on these buns, but I'll try to find out why they can't be flipped over...

The backstory...
-------
My DH works in a very beautiful business park up here in the Pacific Northwest, and everyday he takes a long walk around the area that has paths, a huge duck pond, running brooks, and.......mooching bunnies! There are certain areas that the bunnies hang out and when my dh comes near the bunnies run out to him and demand the carrots he brings them, he and many others obviously since they show no fear of humans

Of course he has named them, and has grown very fond of one in particular which he named "Muffin" since she/he was just the size of a muffin when he first saw her/him. He said the cutness factor was off the charts She/he is still a youngster. I went out with him to feed them last weekend and was amazed at how tame they are......... these are obviously the children of released pet rabbits judging by the coloring of them.

When dh came home the other night he sighed and said it was just a matter of time when he will come across one of them dead in the street because they have no fear of cars or humans, and like to hang out in the "islands" in the middle of the street because of the nice shrubbery there. This stresses him out very much, and we are wondering if we should call a "Rabbit Rescue" group to come and catch them.

Anyway, here are some pix of the "Work Bunnies" (and the dh)
I will attach the Muffin pix on another post. (not enough room here)
------------

And here's her picture of Muffin!

muffin.jpg

Yes, I would talk to some rescues. With people feeding them they will soon be breeding and getting out of control. Better to sort it asap.

Very cute piccy! :D

Back