• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What shall i do!!!!!!!!! UPDATED BONDING PICS

mullethead

Mama Doe
I have two bonded couples which live in the same playhouse which i have split into 2 aswell as the 16ft run,i brought them in the living room 2night and they are all grooming each other and cuddling uo to each other as if they were bonded only 1 bad thing is that the buck is mounting the other couple not a lot but he is doing it.Shall i make a 4some bcus of this or not and is there anyway of getting the buck too stop humping,any advice please,rick

Last edited:
Mounting is a way that rabbits descide their social standing amongst a group, there is nothing you can or should do to stop this happening. By stopping this happening you will delay the rabbits sorting out their own hierachy amongst themselves. It is an important part of any bonding which goes on whether between males / females or two males or two females or within a group of rabbits.

If they are all grooming each other and appear ok, I would leave them together indoors tonight, tomorrow give their shed a thorough clean out with a strong vinegar solution and remove the barrier and put them back in there in a couple of days as a group of four buns.

The mounting is perfectly normal behaviour and will die down naturally.

Keep them away from anyhting they may class as their territory for at least 24 hours but preferably longer and in the meantime neutralise it using the advice given above.

Good Luck :D

The mounting is perfectly normal behaviour and will die down naturally.

Good Luck :D

try telling my Eddie bun that:lol: :lol: :lol: he humps at least 4-6 times a day still, my OH keeps saying that he wants to come back as a rabbit:lol: :lol: :lol:

There still all 2gether and the humping is calming down so i think i might keep them all 2gether i did not even do this on purpose i just brought them in for a bit and ended up bonding a 4some but all is great:lol:

If you bond two couples, do they then mix themselves up ie do they remain marital couples or become swingers as it were?

Back