• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to foster?

isla

Mama Doe
After talking to my sister, it turns out that she is also keen to help out in the bunny world. We have decided that we would like to foster some bun's. We hope we will get the bunny that I'm trying to rescue but we have room to foster probably 2 at the moment (or very near future) then if I can rescue 'The' bunny, we'd try to bond her with my 2 so we'd have room for 3 foster bunny's.

So I was wondering how do fosterers get started? I'm planning on getting 2 48inch dog crates and I have a hutch and run combo thats spare. I also have time and money, so what now?

I would also suggest to contact your nearest rescue and see what help they are in need of. All rescues work in different ways, however most do have buns fostered out to people either whilst they are awaiting to be rehomed or whilst they are being prepared to be rehomed, others use foster homes for the longer term rabbits who are more difficult to rehome.

Back