• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escapee bunny!

Custardpowder

Young Bun
We've got a hutch like this...
http://therabbithutchshop.co.uk/html/hutch___run_combo.html
and we have discovered that even with the trap door from the hutch to the run down Flower can get out.
Hubby went and tucked her up,fed her and thought she would be fine. I went to add some more straw to her bedding.... she was in the run!

For tonight weve put two food bowls on the trap door.Any ideas how we can modify the hutch while keeping it safe for her?
The last thing I want is her in the run at night, we know we have a fox circling:(

If your run isn't fox proof you need to fix that and not let her out unsupervised during the day either especially with winter on the way. Many foxes are becoming just as bold in daylight as at night!

Charly kept on escaping from our run and we finally found out that he was climbing onto his door and scrambling up the side. Didn't know rabbits could climb so well!

The run is fox proof, I just would rather not take any chances!
Theres a trap door at the back of the hutch and a ramp which leads down to the run.
Hubby closed the trap door, we think shes just lifting it with her nose or paws and off hopping down the ramp. I worry that she wont later be able to get back in if cold or threatened.

hi :wave:

what about screwing a latch onto the trap door?? u can pick them up from any hardware shop and are really cheap....

good luck with thwarting the great escape!! :D

Back