• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost ready to adopt.......

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
How soon should i get in touch with a rescue if i've seen a pair i like? For those who don't know, I get married 2 weeks today and we promised ourselves we would get buns after the honeymoon. We are not completely set up yet, but will be purchasing a 6' happy hutch/run combo. we would like to get the buns before xmas so i was wondering how long the whole adoption process takes?

I rang up for my girls about a week before we got to see them. We had ordered all the hay, feed, hutch etc and we left it at that. I thought they wouldn't be there for the next week, but I phoned up when we were fully ready and they were still available, and we went and viewed them the next day. And we collected them 4 days later. Quite quick process.

it seems to happen really quick... i went to see a rescue on the 13th, reserved a bun, had my house check on the tuesday.... had she been ready i could have probably had her home by now but shes not ready till wednesday (post spay) and the rescue is busy with other bondings from tomorrow... Alvin is booked in to meet his new wife on Saturday so two and a bit weeks here :D they better get on the waiting is killing me....

I got my hutch and run and rang my local rescue.I went and met the rabbits and had a home check.
Within two weeks i had my bunnies:D

ok thanks guys. its still a bit soon then as it will be 4 weeks before we're ready. Buying hutch is at the top of the list!! :wave:

alternatively if you have seen a pair you really like, let the rescue know your situation and they may keep hold of them for you, good luck finding them, i have a gorgoeus pair of foster girls, but am in southampton so a bit far from you! xx Jess

Back