• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help .. Don't Know What To Do

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm in a state, just picked up Splodge to put her in her hutch and she wiggled like mad, and she fell face 1st into the bureau. She was rubbing her nose with both paws like they do when they clean themselves and seems very frightened. Should I leave her and she how she is or should I rush her to the vet?

Just let her calm down for half an hour.
Then carefully check her front teeth incase she has broken them and also check that she has not sustained any other obvious injury.
If she appears to be at all 'wobbly' or if you notice her eyes look sort of wide and 'starey' then contact your Vet for advice.
Hopefully once she is over the initil fright she will be OK

Janex

Thanks Jane. I'm in a right old panic. I feel so guilty. She has just snuggled up to her husbun. I will get her out for an examination in a bit then.

She is always falling. Think she may have broken a tooth with the way she was moving her tongue about.

Hope she'll be OK

aww i agree with what Janes said, just to add that this wasnt your fault hun a similar thing happened to me a few months ago when i went to put my bun Simba in his hutch he wiggled jumped out my arms and fell bum first in the cat water he was fine thankfully but the whole thing really shock me up so i know how you must be feeling.hope Splodge doesnt have any injuries. x

ahh try not to feel too guilty hun, willow did the same thing when he was younger but luckily didnt do any real damage

hope splodge is ok

Well she seems OK. I have calmed down now, when hubby came in I was rambling on in a state, but we got her out and checked over her teeth and every thing looks and feels OK. She's not stopped eating since and has drunk loads so I am happy that she is going to be alright. I shall keep an eye on her though!
Thank you so much I was nearly hysterical with worry and you lot helped calm me down.

Back