• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nature centre - Birmingham - RABBITS

Buggie Jay

Young Bun
Went to the Nature Center opposite that used to be the BBC building...

Well they have British Giants there now ... one lot in the Lillyput village and another lot near the school group activity building..

They are lovely!

:D

Are you sure it was lovely as this is the place that my daughter went to and said that the accomodation was dire for the giants:( until the welfare bill is more defind with exact requirements in these code of practices I decided not to go until something definate could be done for them:?

Well both areas looked reasonable to me... what they do with the giants at night I should have asked about... as the hutches were certainly far to small to accomodate all the rabits never mind one.

But they had hay... plenty of grazing grass and a fair amount of running space...

Most of all they seemed in them selves happy and where binki'ing about jolly enough.

yep, its the size of hutches that the night accomodation is that I have a problem with but it is still nice to see that they are secure for the night but from what my daughter told me, the sizes are way too small to accomodate them:(

just noticed you are in Yardly/Erdington, are you down by buffet island by any chance?

We saw them in the summer hols. The hutches are labelled for which buns go where at night and the giants are in quite small hutches. 'Spose the positive thing is they do have free range all day.
What I wondered though is what happened to all the other rabbits they used to have there - surely they didn't all die at the same time?
I took a photo of my daughter by them and you can just see the hutch for some of them in the backdrop.
cannonhill2.jpg

I am going to have to ask questions next time I am there....

I am there quite a bit too.

*DENNY* Buffet Island ?.. not sure where that is... I am near Baggot Arms.. Spitfire island way.. :D

Back