• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg Vet Bill

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
okay when peanut was neutured, around 5/6 weeks ago, he pulled open his glue at 8 int he evening. i was told my vets did emergency service but it was actually another vet, 50 minutes away from me who did my vets emergency clients. fifty minutes is a long way for my little peanut, so i called up anther witham ten minutes away, they said they would see him. i called back 'my' vet and said iw ouldnt be bringing him 2 them. his words were 'we have an agreement with best friends, (my vet) that if one of their clients come in for emergency there is no fee' i was like no fee?huh? and he said it was because it was connected to the neuter that is wouldnt cost us if we brought him to them.

well event hought it was a long journey 4 peanut, it would be mega money if we took him close and free for this vet, so we made the journey. all we were told we had to pay for was a plastic collar @ £.179. i said 'so nothing to pay for the treatment?' they said no.

5 WEEKS LATER!!! they call me up and say i have had 28 days to pay the bill, and the bill is no classes as upaid!!!! they demanded i paid £130 for the treatment or debt collectors will be involved.

i said to them that for a start they said it would cost and even if i DO have to pay, they cnt say theres an upaid bill when they never GAVE me a bill!!this is ridiculous!!!

I thought the agreement with most vets was that you pay as you leave the surgery, I think they've made a big balls up! Ask for a hard copy of the supposed bill.

That does sound a bit odd - I'd ask them for a full breakdown and for evidence that they have requested payment before.

Do you have a receipt for payment when you paid for the collar? Surely that will be enough to prove that you settled the cost then and thats all that you were asked to pay

I don't understand why they would phone you and make threats like that, surely the right way to go about it is to send a letter with a breakdown of the charges. I think they've made a big mistake and wouldn't worry about it too much, have you contacted them since?

Call them and ask them what its for and to post you a copy of a breakdown and tell them that until you've received it that you won't negotiate with them.

thats what i said to do but my mum said its their responsiblity to send me a letter not em ring them whentheyve phone dus about an upaid bill. but i have jellys spay on wednesday so i will ask my normal vet what they know about it

It doesn't matter whose responsibility it is to do what - it needs sorting and sorry, but for your mum to says it's up to them is going to lead to trouble.

I would definitely get a couple of the supposed bill straight away.

Back