• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need your thoughts please

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm thinking of bonding Twinkle with Sugarplum and Splodge this week as they're all quite mellow rabbits! The only problem is that Twinkles got pasturella and Sugarplum and Splodge have never shown any symptoms. Although their run is only a few metres away from hers.

Question is should i try the bonding or not ? Its my last bonding option for Twinkle as Caramel and Fudge won't accept a partner!

Hmm Gosh I dont know either, Think I'd probably try tbh :oops: Hope someone with the right knowledge answers soon touie Xx

I have rabbits with pasteurella co-habiting with non-snuffle bunnies and they have never gone onto show symptoms.

There is a new study that has emerged showing that rabbits are predisposed to pasturella from birth (remember nearly all rabbits carry the bacteria anyway but only unlucky ones develop problems) and it is actually unlikely that snuffles is as contagious as once thought....i.e they are either predestined to get it or not

I would say if the other rabbits are young and healthy then its not a problem...but thats only my opinion.

thanks I think I'll try then, i really need to get rid of some hutches and Twinkle really needs some friends!

Back