• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks!

Toni H

Mama Doe
Hi everyone :wave:

We've got flipping fireworks going off outside already :evil:

It scares the wotsits out of poor Honey..........:cry:

Why do they sell them to the public?

Argh, I don't know :( I don't really know what to do about Rubix & Sophie 'cause they're in the conservatory so will be able to see & hear them better than any of the others. Might have to shut them away or move them for a few days but then I don't want to stress them because they're little worriers and don't like change :?

Hate fireworks :evil:

Argh, I don't know :( I don't really know what to do about Rubix & Sophie 'cause they're in the conservatory so will be able to see & hear them better than any of the others. Might have to shut them away or move them for a few days but then I don't want to stress them because they're little worriers and don't like change :?

Hate fireworks :evil:

Same, my two like being outside really and are fine until this time of year.

I worry about them tho, it breaks my heart to think they're outside terrified of the loud noises bought on by someone elses stupidity :evil:

If they are 'inside' could you possibly put a radio on before the noise starts, on something calm like Classic FM??

Also I wondered about whether a couple of drops of Bach's 'rescue remedy' in their water might help? It works wonders for soothing my son ( he has ASD type traits and is a wonder calming potion!)

If they are 'inside' could you possibly put a radio on before the noise starts, on something calm like Classic FM??

Also I wondered about whether a couple of drops of Bach's 'rescue remedy' in their water might help? It works wonders for soothing my son ( he has ASD type traits and is a wonder calming potion!)

Might try that, thanks. I'll definitely try the radio and hope it calms them down and I'll see about getting hold of some rescue remedy. Thanks :) xxx

I'm dreading it this year, and to make it worse we have been invited to a Halloween party on Bonfire weekend (3rd) and i'm not really sure i want to go. I won't settle knowing i can't keep popping out to check on em :(

Complete waste of money i think :evil:

you can buy some calming stuff i saw in pets at home yesterday, i might get some of that for my buns. its basically 'rescue rememdy' but for small animals.

Its a flower extract, preserved in brandy and in a teeny bottle. It comes with a tiny glass pipette in the lid and you just squeeze two drops onto your tongue - for rabbits I would put it in the water bottle.
Its incredible, I dont know how it works but it does. My son can be raging, kicking and screaming and me a trembling mess and two teeny drops and calm is more than often restored-amazing!

Its a flower extract, preserved in brandy and in a teeny bottle. It comes with a tiny glass pipette in the lid and you just squeeze two drops onto your tongue - for rabbits I would put it in the water bottle.
Its incredible, I dont know how it works but it does. My son can be raging, kicking and screaming and me a trembling mess and two teeny drops and calm is more than often restored-amazing!

:shock: Blimey, it does that and it's a legal substance....will have to get enough for me and the buns :lol: :lol:

Can it definately be used on rabbits?

I have some of this, my other half bought me it, and it worked for me... just wouldn't have thought it be suitable for a rabbit...

It's not really any different to a thunder storm/lawn mower. We cover ours over but they general sit out acting as normal anyway. We usually have fireworks party with lots of friends. If anything they like it cos all the extra people/children mean more attention.

Tam

Back