• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding has gone really well this weekend

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
:D

DSC04766.jpg

Hey, where are we? :lol:

DSC04768.jpg

DSC04775.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

DSC04792.jpg

DSC04828.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

DSC04844.jpg

DSC04854.jpg

Poor Beau is sooooo tired :lol:

DSC04859.jpg

DSC04862.jpg

DSC04826.jpg

There has been no fighting! Well Beau kind of went to nip Buu once but she was in his way and he couldnt get past her :roll: :lol:

They seem comfortable enough and were sleeping next to each other but havent groomed or snuggled yet. They were jumping over each other though and didnt seem to mind each other at all.

And that bit of vetbed isnt even neutral :shock: :lol: Its Buu's piece which she has been using for the last few months, it has been washed since the last time she was on it the other day but im sure she knows its hers and didnt mind that Beau was sleeping on it

Hopefully they will be the same every night this week now when I bring them in together and living together all the time soon x

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

great news hun!!!

my little favs back together again!!!

post loads more up please!!!

:wave:

Lovely, lovely pictures. You aren't seperating them at night are you? Or have I misunderstood your post?

Lovely, lovely pictures. You aren't seperating them at night are you? Or have I misunderstood your post?

I am :( I know its not the best thing to do but I dont have any choice. They are taking so long to sort out who is going to be boss and I have used up all my holiday at work (over two weeks of it on supervising these two :roll: :lol: ) and the only neutral territory I have now is my mums bedroom because I had to bring all my buns to live in the house when I reported a neighbour to the JSPCA. Obviously I cant expect my mum to be up all night and even if I do keep them in tonight, I have to go to work tomorrow and there will be nobody supervising them :(

This looks promising. Just keep at it! :D Lovely piccies! ;)

Thanks :D I got the spare hutch out of the shed so from tonight they are right next to each other and can interact through the mesh :D

So they will be coming in for a play together evernight this week and I am going to be switching the hutch/runs like usual. On Friday they will spend the night in the house together and my brother is hopefully going to superivse them while Im away next weekend :D I am going to see how they are getting on first though :shock: :lol:

AW, that's a shame, but you can only do what you can do:D :D . It'll take a wee bit longer, but all these signs seem good. Fingers crossed and Bonding vibes on their way.:)

AW, that's a shame, but you can only do what you can do:D :D . It'll take a wee bit longer, but all these signs seem good. Fingers crossed and Bonding vibes on their way.:)

I did think about just waiting until next year, I even asked my boss if I could take some of next years holiday this year but he said no because we dont have enough staff :roll: :( But just thought well if I cant do it before next year I might as well just try this way and see what happens! I am sure they will have it sorted by then though :lol: It has always looked promising when I have tried before and there has been grooming and cuddling in between the fur pulling and chasing, its just they havent sorted out the whole dominance thing and I ran out of time and had to go back to work :lol:

Coming into the house each night is a normal thing for them, and they dont seem stressed at all about being put together so its not upsetting them at all, and I have been swapping living spaces for months now and they have been spending the whole day in runs right next to each other :D

So pleased it worked out for you :D

Charlie & Whisper are tucked up in their honeymoon suit tonight too :rolleyes: :D

You should see a vast improvement by placing their hutches together and if they are meeting every night;) . Can't really add anything as I think you are set :lol: I have always maintained its quality not quantity when bonding (little and often) rather than expecting them to be best buddies on the off;) .

Back