• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Floss myxi update 21/10

capel

Warren Veteran
The huge nodule which was on floss's face has come off sometime during the night and has and left a deep hole. I just wish I could take a photo of it which shows how deep it seems. Should I do anything about it? Cream etc? My gut feeling is to let it be, but just keep an eye on it.
IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

if its clean and dry i think i woud leave it . just keep an eye on it incase it looks like its getting infected .

if your worried i would give your vets a ring in the morning ;)

If its started to scab over then let it be, if not I woul bathe it with a little salt water on a cotton pad just to keep it clean and promote healing until a scab starts to form.

Hope she is doing OK.

OOOch that looks nasty! :shock:

I would leave it H. Maybe bath it with salty water tonight just to keep it clean but I wouldn't add any creams and stuff until you quiz the vets tomorrow;) .

Trust Kevin to be off till Tuesday! It looks dry and I'm not sure that a scab will form as it's not weeping at all. I'm just so surprised at how deep the nodule went. It had been crust for about 3 days so I suppose it was due to come off, but still... I wonder if she's scratched if off.

Darn can't see pics til I get home... poor Floss.... Caramel's nodule is still firmly attached..... it feels like it goes deep too. Vibes for Floss. xxxxx

Thanks for all your input folks:D I've just had a thought....Will the antibiotics she's on at he moment give the sore a bit of added protection anyway?

I would say bathe it til a scab forms just to keep the area clean,hope she gets better soon,rick
(((((((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Poor Floss (and you).

I'd think that the antibiotics will help prevent any infection. If it looks clean, I'd probably either leave it or bathe it with salt water, at least it's on a clean-ish part of her body.

Lots of healing vibes

FC xx

I'd think that the antibiotics will help prevent any infection. If it looks clean, I'd probably either leave it or bathe it with salt water, at least it's on a clean-ish part of her body.

Lots of healing vibes

Thats exactly what I would do. ;)

Healing vibes for poor Floss. :cry: Keep me updated please H. Text me tomorrow after vets... ;)

I didn't take her to the vet today as the area looks fine..nice and dry and no sign of inflammation. She had the last of her meds this morning, apart from the Tiacil, and lookd a bit surprised when she didn't have a detour via the kitchen on her way back to the run!:lol:

It's still the same..nice and dry and no sign of any inflammation.I'll be keeping a close eye on it, and inspect it 3 times a day when she has her eyedrops done, but while it looks ok I'm leaving well alone. :)
I'll be taking her back on Friday to have her eye checked out again, so Kevin can have a look then.

Last edited:
Back