• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

probably a stupid question?

kimd6200

Banned
hi all i know this is going to sound like a stupid question but with me being pregnant,can i catch anything from my buns?i wash my hands when i feed them n stroke them just wondering about when i clean them out?should i wear gloves or is that daft?just want be carefull but dont want leave buns out?
kim.xxxx

yea know about cats.just wondered about rabbit poo?an excuse get my mum do them for me!!!:lol: only joking!:lol:

If you could get ur mum to do it ,that way you know for certain that you n baby will be ok,its not the poos really its the wee as the poos are just hay really:D

I would wear gloves when cleaning out to be on the safe side - it's a good idea anyway, so I wouldn't say that would be going over the top etc. :)

Ive not heard of anything but just wear glove when cleaning,only cat feaces is a no no cos of toxomaplosis:D

I was trying to remember the name of that last night and couldnt for the life of me :roll:

Cant you get it from birds too?

my pregnant sis in law reakons she cant clean out rabbits if she had them because of the amonia in thier wee... other than that i dont think rabbits can give humans anything that would hurt their baby.

Going back 8 years ago when I was pregnant i cleaned out my last rabbit just the same as normal only I wore gloves just in case. There was nothing wrong with Jack when he was born - perfectly healthy! Mind you he is only 8 now and has teenager strops like rabbits already:lol:

Back