PDA

View Full Version : rabbits sleeping

serz
20-10-2007, 11:36 PM
i read somewere the other day that rabbits 90% of the time sleep with there eyes open. is this true?? i did wonder as i have never seen any of my 3 rabbits asleep with there eyes closed?? :D

mullethead
21-10-2007, 10:59 AM
topaz sleeps with her eyes open as the other night she was dreaming but with her eyes open:lol:

donnamt
21-10-2007, 12:04 PM
i think its true..... i never knoe when Alvins being ignorant of in the land of nod.....lolol sometimes he closes his eyes tho

serz
21-10-2007, 01:41 PM
thanks for your replys :) at least i no now :D i though it must have been true as i have never seen my rabbits asleep with thier eyes open

Debs2811
21-10-2007, 01:49 PM
hmm some of mine sleep with their eyes open sometimes, its scary sometimes as their breathing gets quite shapllow if they are in a deep sleep and they lay flat out on their sides, Petey is the worst coz you wonder if hes still with us and so i make a noise to try and wake him but he just ignores me i sit there waiting for ages to see if he moves:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

serz
21-10-2007, 01:53 PM
that would terrify me i would think something has happend to him. i just love the way rabbits sprawl out

FriskyClover
21-10-2007, 03:19 PM
hmm some of mine sleep with their eyes open sometimes, its scary sometimes as their breathing gets quite shapllow if they are in a deep sleep and they lay flat out on their sides, Petey is the worst coz you wonder if hes still with us and so i make a noise to try and wake him but he just ignores me i sit there waiting for ages to see if he moves:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smokey does the same, it's particularly worrying when she lies on her back with her legs in the air too :lol: .