• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Only a rabbit??????? :cry:

Joanne26

Mama Doe
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm really sorry guys, but i am really upset :cry: I have just found out that the bunny across the road from me was pts with Myxi this morning. My other neighbour has just texted me to tell me and to "watch mine".

I asked if the bunny was vaccinated and she "doesn't think so" :( .

I have since been thinking about this and remember seeing the "people across the road" out on their drive around lunchtime today cleaning and waxing their car and generally looking really happy, and now i have just found out that they had her pts only an hour or so previous to this :cry: :cry:

Sometimes i really "HATE ME" for being so soft and i am actually crying over this little bun, who lived on her own (she had a guinea pig friend, but they took it back to pets at home when it started taking chunks out of the bunny :evil: ), in their garage.

I met her a few weeks back when she came over to my next door neighbour to stay while they went on holiday. The poor little love had no toys, no hay to eat (only a bit as bedding), was fed on "mix" and even though she was in a hutch/run combo, she couldn't really stretch upwards fully :(

I would go across our garden and talk to her through the fence each time i went out to my two and passed some willow sticks and a few other bits over for her and generally felt sorry for her.

I am so so sorry for the long rambling post, but i am sooooo sick of people not feeling the way i do about animals :cry: :cry: :cry:, so thought i would come on here and let off some steam to people who understand me.

I just get fed up sometimes of feeling "daft" for caring.

Thanks for listening guys :cry: :cry:

Oh Joanne - how awful, I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same as you.......binky free little bun, I hope you're in a better place....:cry: :cry:

***hugz*** awww honey dont be ashmaed of the way you feel!!!! - I feel exactly the same and just cant understand why people dont feel the same way! :( At least the little bunny had some cheering up when she got to see you... binky free and happy at rainbow birdge little bun --x--

Aww, I don't understand how people can have such a low opinion of animals, it's so sad :( Binky free little one xxx

aww poor bunny ....sadly joanne there are loads of poor buns out there who are "just rabbits":cry: :cry: the lucky ones end up in places like ours and go on to fantastic homes like Liam and Mishka have:)

unfortunatly some of them dont :(

Just wanted to say thankyou all for the support :wave:

It's really humbling to beable to come on here and find people who understand me :)

I've been a little on edge today and have been checking my two A LOT :roll:

I'm sure they will be ok, i've even had the insect light on all day (those electric ones with the blue light), even though it's almost November.

Maybe a daft question here, but are mozzies around all year? :?

Thanks again xxxx

I am a great believer in what goes round comes round!! Poor little bun some people are right :censored:
Little bun has gone to a better place, god bless x x
I hope ur buns are ok?? x x

Oh no!
How horrid. My friend has this attitude to pets, she said "dont get a rabbit insured FFS its only a rabbit" and admitted she would be sad if her dog got ill but would just have her PTS no problem.
Shes from a rural area and sees pets( particularly bunnies) as kind of disposable since the farm dogs hunt rabbits and she watched them being eaten when caught:(
She admitted theyve had rabbits several times but they 'never last very long'
before offering to look after ours...

HMM somehow I think Ill be asking my bunny loving neighbour's children to look after ours when we go away:rolleyes:

Oh no!
How horrid. My friend has this attitude to pets, she said "dont get a rabbit insured FFS its only a rabbit" and admitted she would be sad if her dog got ill but would just have her PTS no problem.
Shes from a rural area and sees pets( particularly bunnies) as kind of disposable since the farm dogs hunt rabbits and she watched them being eaten when caught:(
She admitted theyve had rabbits several times but they 'never last very long'
before offering to look after ours...

HMM somehow I think Ill be asking my bunny loving neighbour's children to look after ours when we go away:rolleyes:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: im sure you really want to jump at the chance to see your bun sooooo looked after!!

Back